Netherlands July 7th, 2016
- 1 July 7th, 2016
July 7th, 2016
- Kantoren Hoog Overborch (Hoog Catharijne)
- Moreelsepark 48
- 3511 EP Utrecht
- Loop vanaf de stationshal van Utrecht Centraal richting winkelcentrum Hoog Catharijne.
- Ga na circa 100 meter bij Blokker rechtsaf en loop het Godebaldkwartier in.
- Na 250 meter zie je links van de Albert Heijn de ingang van kantoren Hoog Overborch. Ga hier naar binnen en bel aan bij SURF.
- Neem vervolgens de lift naar de 4e etage, waar de receptie zit.
- 18:30 - 19:15 Registration & Pizza
- 19:15 - 20:00 Find and fix software security problems… wait, do not make security mistakes in the first place!
- 20:00 - 20:15 Break
- 20:15 - 21:00 How to keep your secrets saf(er) on an Android device, Alternatives to ‘just don’t’
- 21:00 - 21:30 Networking
Find and fix software security problems… wait, do not make security mistakes in the first place!
Today, companies do not have a shortage of known security problems in their solutions. Tools and people point out numerous software security problems that eventually should be fixed. So how do organizations deal with all these issues? What is the most effective way to get issues fixed? For companies taking security serious, the question is no longer “How many problems can you find?”, but the real question is “How many security issues can you fix or prevent developers from making?” In this session, we explore different routes on how to find and fix security issues, or prevent making them in the first place.
How to keep your secrets saf(er) on an Android device
Alternatives to ‘just don’t’
In this presentation we will visit several approaches on how you can try to keep a secret within your Android applications. We cover various subjects: from guarding your authentication information to keeping your keys a secret.
Matias is the founder of Sensei Security, a software security startup building solutions to effectively fix and prevent security problems in software. Matias has over a decade of hands-on software security experience ranging from the research to improve existing solutions to scoping and building new solutions. A dozen patents and a bunch of papers are the result of his research that eventually led to a hand full of commercial products.
Jeroen is a full stack developer specialized in IT security at Xebia with a passion for mobile and risk management. He has developed multiple applications and loves to spend time on tinkering with security tooling and new technologies.
Interested in Sponsoring the Netherlands OWASP Chapter, email netherlands '@' owasp.org
- Our structural Chapter and OWASP Benelux Days 2016 supporters