Applications Security Engineer, T. Rowe Price
Applications Security Engineer
T. Rowe Price Baltimore, MD
Full time direct hire position. Salary plus bonus and benefits.
The Systems Security Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing enterprise wide architectural solutions with respect to information/systems security and identity/access management. By leveraging, supporting and enhancing the existing enterprise security architectures, this position works to ensure the technological needs of the business are met or exceeded. The position works with peers, management and external vendors to discover research and implement new technologies and solutions.
Researches and evaluates new technologies with respect to identity and access management to produce white papers, proof of concepts, and demonstrations that show the value of technology for the business. After evaluating and researching new technologies, the incumbent creates advisory and strategy documents, develops and documents implementation plans, develops and documents procedures for others to integrate/incorporate these technologies into other systems, and develops and documents processes for others to uses these technologies (where applicable); participates in the implementation.
Supports the enterprise security architecture and new technologies as they are introduced and provides technical expertise to troubleshoot and solve problems as needed. Works with operations, developers, help desk, and vendors to troubleshoot any problems and ensure the system is functioning properly. The incumbent acts as a final level of trouble shooting expertise when trouble with the system arises that impedes proper utilization and works with the vendor of the product to ensure that issues are being properly addressed and resolved.
Collaborates within team to provide technical expertise, status updates and coordination to ensure that the technology integration is successful. Works with other teams to design/ architect secured systems through meetings, breakout sessions, inter-project communication, emails; works within the enterprise security team to provide pertinent information through meetings, breakout sessions, inter-project communication, emails; updates and informs upper management about security architecture concerns and decision points; answers question about security, identity and access management, and secured systems architecture to project team members and upper management; provides sample/example code to project teams to demonstrate proper techniques.
Estimates the size of the effort required to complete the research project or proof of concepts based on limited requirements in order to ensure that the technical manager understands the timeframe and effort required. Estimates will be submitted in written or verbal form to the requestor. If requested, the incumbent presents the estimate with technical and strategic value propositions to upper management for approval. If the approval is granted, the incumbent may create a project plan for the effort or information to the individual who will be creating the project plan.
Stays informed of recent programming methods, technologies topics and industry trends. Gauges the impact of introducing new technologies on the rest of the existing enterprise. Informs team members and management of new ideas and issues (written or verbal) to help facilitate innovation and awareness amongst the group. If the information leads to action items, the effort is then covered by the first principal responsibility.
• College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 6 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 8 years related work experience required
• UNIX, shell scripting/ PERL, basic system admin
• SSL, HTTP, LDAP, and TCP/IP networking
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self starter/self motivated
• Adaptable and able to learn quickly
• Systems integration experience
• Systems development, systems administration or application integration background
• Technical writing experience
• Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science related field with 7 plus years of experience preferred
• LDAP Directory programming, administration experience preferred
• PVCS experience preferred
• WebSphere experience preferred
• Basic database skills, SQL experience preferred
• Application and systems security experience preferred
• PKI/X509 Certificates experience preferred
• Federated Identities experience preferred
Send resumes or inquires to:
Mark Horning | Senior Recruiter | [email protected]
T. Rowe Price | 4515 Painters Mill road | Owings Mills, MD 21117-4903
Tel: 410-345-6018 | Fax: 410-345-8305 | Website: www.TRowePrice.com/Careers
Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markhorning
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer