WASPY Awards 2016
June 3, 2016 - Call for Nominees Opens!
June 20, 2016 - Paid Membership Deadline. Not sure if you are a member? Check Here
July 8, 2016 - Call for Nominees Closes
July 11, 2016 - Announcement of Nominees per Category to the Community
July 22, 2016 - Deadline for Nominee Profile Picture and Bio to be Submitted
July 25, 2016 - Voting Opens
August 24, 2016 - Voting Closes
August 25, 2016 - Winners are Notified
August 25, 2016 - Announcement of Winners to the Community
October 13/14, 2016 - Award Ceremony at AppSecUSA 2016 in Washington, DC
Purpose of the Awards and the Nominees
Each year there are many individuals who do amazing work, dedicating countless hours to share, improve, and strengthen the OWASP mission. Some of these individuals are well known to the community while others are not.
The purpose of these awards is to bring recognition to those who "FLY UNDER THE RADAR". These are the individuals who are passionate about OWASP, who contribute hours of their own free time to the organization to help improve the cyber-security world, yet seem to go unrecognized.
Community members are able to nominate 1 individual per category (see Categories below) who they feel best fits these descriptions so that, as a community, we can recognize these people for their contributions. We are tying in the WASPY Awards to help identify and recognize individuals who demonstrate our core values and annual report theme of Leading - Learning - Sharing - Growing. We value your input and consideration for nominations in the categories below.
1. Open/Leading - Everything at OWASP is radically transparent – from our finances to our code. This award goes to a member of the OWASP community who has supported the OWASP mission of transparency through their influence, management, and leadership in the community. This might be a chapter or project leader or may be someone who has worked within the community.
2. Integrity/Learning - OWASP is an honest and truthful, vendor neutral, global community. This award goes to an individual who recognizes the benefits of the power of the collective community within OWASP, who challenges the status quo, and generates an excitement in the learning community.
3. Innovation/Sharing - OWASP encourages and supports innovation and experiments for solutions to software security challenges. This award goes to an individual who has inspired and encouraged others in the arena of software security with innovative and cutting edge solutions to software security challenges.
4. Global/Growing - Around the world, OWASP encourages and supports innovation and experiments for solutions to software security challenges. This award goes to an individual who truly represents the OWASP Global scope and recognizes the importance of growth. The nominee reaches out beyond the OWASP circle to raise awareness of software security in locations outside of the OWASP comfort zone.
Remember the purpose of these awards is to recognize the UNSUNG HEROS out there, that are barely recognized for their contributions to the OWASP Foundation.
1. Board members may not be nominated
2. Employees & Contractors may not be nominated
3. You MUST be a Paid or Honorary member to vote. Your membership need to be on file by XXX
4. All nominees will remain anonymous until XXX
5. Anyone can nominate an "unsung hero" who has contributed in some way to OWASP who they feel best fits each category
6. You may only nominate one person per category
Individuals who were members as of June 20, 2016 are eligible and are listed here. Please take a minute to verify your name is on the list. If you are NOT on the list and believe you should be, then you need to contact us immediately
TBD The support from our sponsors, is what makes these awards truly successful!