This site is the archived OWASP Foundation Wiki and is no longer accepting Account Requests.
To view the new OWASP Foundation website, please visit

September 25, 2015

Jump to: navigation, search

Dial In Info

Notice of Recording

  • Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
  • Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
  • Recording of 25 September 2015 OWASP Board Meeting


Sept. 25 OWASP Board meeting, Start-time is 18:00 Pacific Time.


Sept. 25 OWASP Board meeting is face-to-face meeting located at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in San Francisco.

Meeting Room is Room A - Pacific Level.

Teleconference Information:

International Toll Free Calling Information

Attendance Tracker

Board Meeting Attendance Tracker

Meeting Minutes

August - Draft Meeting Minutes

September Working Minutes

Reading Material

It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting

Meeting Agenda

Call to Order /OWASP Mission

  • Administrative (List of attendees and Agenda bashing (only if last-minute changes to the agenda are needed) (5 min)


Chairmain's Report - Tobias Gondrom

  • brief status update on chairman activities the past 9 months (ED 1x1 calls, ...) (2min)

Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol

  • Working on new policies to encourage spending down of chapter and project funds. Proposal under new business.
  • Working on a Bylaw change to address Board member attendance policy. Proposal under new business.

Treasurer Report - Fabio Cerullo

  • Paul & Fabio to review Financial report including forecast of Cash flow & cash balance to end of year.
  • Discuss High Level summary of Key Funding Categories for 2016 and % Allocation as compared to 2015
    • Example: Funding for Project Summit; AppSec Asia; Training/Training Curriculum program; Developer Outreach; etc.
  • Topic 2

Secretary Report - Matt Konda

  • Participated in Project Summit
  • Working on DevOps oriented projects including:
    • Tool
    • Documentation
  • Working on developer documentation.
  • OWASP asked back to Chicago Coder Conference
  • Presented at QA Testing conference and submitted for QUEST a national conference.

Updated from Members at Large - Michael Coates, Andrew van der Stock & Jim Manico

  • Update on bylaws - Andrew van der Stock
  • Update on Education strategic goal - Andrew van der Stock


Community Initiative Reports

Old Business

All active board proposals are listed here

  • Confirm in Meeting minutes that all current board members, as well as Executive Director & Compliance Officer have completed 'Harassment Training for Supervisors' provided by Insperity, the OWASP HR/Payroll processing company. Paul R. has confirmed.

New Business

All active board proposals are listed here

  • [Josh Sokol] - Policy to Encourage Spending of Chapter Funds
  • [Josh Sokol] - Board Member Attendance Policy
  • [Jim Manico] - Speaker policy stress. Need to review some situations that caused great chapter stresses.
    • What about presentations that are vendor neutral but have the company name in the footer?
    • What about presentations that are open source content using vendor slides?
    • How much do we want to enforce this policy at the chapter level? At the regional conference level? At the national conference level?
    • What about folks giving talks that use non-security vendor presentation templates?
  • [Martin Knobloch] - Compliance Officer update
    • current complaints update, (board only)
    • overview current complaints
    • open issues past complaints
    • Compliance Officer for 2016
  • [Josh Sokol] - Abusive activities on OWASP mailing lists (PRIVATE SESSION)

Action Items



  • Next meeting date/time:

Motion to close meeting