Projects Reboot 2012
Welcome the the OWASP Project Reboot Page:
What is the OWASP Project ReBoot initiative?
OWASP needs to refresh, revitaliase & update its projects. We need to do make the software development community more aware of our efforts and demonstrate the foundations library of solutions and guidance designed to help with the secure application development lifecycle.
The proposal for this initiative is here: Project Re-Boot Proposal
To that end we have a budget to fund various project related activities: Activity types:
Type 1: Update, rewrite & complete guides or tools. This "type" is aimed at both existing tools or guides which require development effort to update, augment, rewrite, develop in order to achieve a high quality release quality product.
- "Mini" Project based summits: Expenses associated with getting global workshops, with the aim of releasing a new version of a project.
- Paying contributors for their time and effort.
- Paying for user guides etc to be professionally developed.
Type 2: Market, Training, Awareness, increase adoption. Existing, healthy robust tools and guides can utilise Type 2 activities to help with creating awareness and increasing adoption of that project.
- assisting with expenses associated with marketing a project
- costs facilitating OWASP project focused training and awareness events
Want to support this initiative or learn more? Contact Eoin Keary