This site is the archived OWASP Foundation Wiki and is no longer accepting Account Requests.
To view the new OWASP Foundation website, please visit https://owasp.org
Revision as of 18:15, 31 May 2013 by Samantha Groves (talk | contribs)
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 154
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New Projects
- Project Applications
- VCR Project
- Windows Binary Executable Files Security Checks
- Wordpress Security Checklist
- Simple Host Base Incidence Detection System
- Chat Application
- Projects Under Review
- OWASP Cheat Sheets Project
- OWASP Java HTML Sanitizer Project
- Xenotix XSS Exploit Framework
- Project reviews are on hold until we can fill the Technical Project Advisor volunteer roles.
Currently Working On
- OWASP Projects at AppSec USA 2013
- Planning continues for the project event modules for AppSec USA 2013.
- I am currently working out costs and logistics for the project summit.
- I am in the process of outlining the project leader workshop.
- The workshop will be a 45 - 50 minute interactive presentation for current and potential OWASP Project Leaders.
- Women in Security: AppSec USA 2013
- The team is currently working on putting together copy for the Sponsorship document.
- The plan is to reach out to different organizations for sponsorship.
- You can find more information on the AppSec USA website.
- We are currently attempting to raise $3,000.00 for each winner.
- We plan on having 2 winners for 2013.
- The total amount we are requesting is $6,000.00 to cover conference fee, training fee, travel and accommodation for both winners.
- OWASP Projects at AppSec EU 2013
- I have decided to take a secondary role in the planning of our project event modules for AppSec EU 2013.
- I will not be able to attend this year, so I felt it best if the local events team take the initiative with the planning of each event module.
- I will continue to provide support to the local event planning team as needed.
- Determining Active Project Status
- This is a status update on this initiative.
- I am reaching out to each leader individually to confirm these pieces of data for all 154 projects.
- Flagship projects are completed.
- Labs are completed.
- Incubator projects are in the 2nd of 4 phases.
- European Commission Grant Opportunity: Proposal Status
- Seba and I have finished our work on the OWASP section of the European Commission grant proposal.
- The grant opportunity has the potential to help a hand full of OWASP projects with resources and funds.
- Seba and I presented our internal proposal to proceed to the Board of Directors last week, and it was approved.
- The proposal has now been submitted to the European Commission.
- We expect to hear back from the EU Commission with a decision towards the end of 2013.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- Marketing questions.
- Grant funding questions.
- OWASP Social Media Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: The first payment has been allocated to our project budgets.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- DHS HOST FUNDING PROPOSAL: OWASP ESAPI (pdf)
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000 USD
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,000 USD in Adwords Funds
- Status: We now have a better idea of the initiatives and tasks we must undertake to better leverage this award. We will discuss possible solutions during our Mid-Term (6-12 month) marketing planning.
- European Commission Grant Proposal
- Amount: €250,000
- Status: This proposal has been completed and submitted.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 USD for 2013.