Projects/OWASP Mobile Security Project - Top Ten Mobile Risks
updated project page
The new project page can be found at https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Mobile_Top_10#tab=Main
The Mobile Top Ten 2016
Following a 90-day review and publication of the release candidate, we determined that the release candidate was ready for final publication. The 2016 list has now been published and can be found here: OWASP Mobile Top Ten 2016
Feel free to visit the mailing list as well!
2015 Mobile Top Ten Analysis Results
Are you interested in what the data collection for the 2015 list looks like? Check out the final synthesis... Media:2015 Data Synthesis Results.pptx
We are fleshing out the new Mobile Top Ten at Projects/OWASP_Mobile_Security_Project_-2015_Scratchpad. Have a look.
Here is the original raw data: [Dropbox Data]
Project Leads, Credit, and Contributions
How Did the List Get Made?
- We wanted to know what the community wanted in the next Mobile Top Ten list and what they thought about the last. We published a survey and shared the results with everyone.
- We issued a Call for Data and aggressively pursued many different vendors and consultants for raw data.
- We had a huge response by vendors and consultants. We collected lots of data about the last years vulnerabilities from a number of different vendors and consultant. That raw data can be found here.
- Over the coming months, we then analyzed the data. Lots of different contributors did their own analysis and compared results. Here is a sample of the color commentary on the data.
- Ultimately, we agreed on the findings and published key findings from the data that we all agreed upon.
- Next, we started coming up with a consensus of what we wanted in the next revision of the Mobile Top Ten.
- Results were collected and a release candidate got released.
- We examined the results from the release candidate and concluded that we achieved what we set out to do for 2016
- We published the list officially and moved it from release to final stage