Difference between revisions of "Press"
|Line 111:||Line 111:|
<li>[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Updates OWASP Updates]</li>
<li>[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Updates OWASP Updates]</li>
Revision as of 00:32, 17 August 2014
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a worldwide free and open community focused on improving the security of application software. There are over 70 OWASP Local Chapters world-wide that are free and open to anyone to attend. OWASP tools and documents can be used to detect and to guard against security-related design and implementation flaws, as well as to add security-related activities into your Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
For additional detail about OWASP, leadership, and corporate details, please refer to the About OWASP page.
Featured projects include:
- OWASP Top 10 (The OWASP Top Ten provides a powerful awareness document for web application security. The OWASP Top Ten represents a broad consensus about what the most critical web application security flaws are) http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Top_Ten_Project
- OWASP WebGoat (WebGoat is a deliberately insecure J2EE web application maintained by OWASP designed to teach web application security lessons. In each lesson, users must demonstrate their understanding of a security issue by exploiting a real vulnerability in the WebGoat application http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_WebGoat_Project
- OWASP Live CD! Collection of OWASP tools on a CD that you can boot from any computer! http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Live_CD_Project
- OWASP Application Security Verification Standard http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Application_Security_Verification_Standard_Project
- OWASP Code Review Guide http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Code_Review_Project
- OWASP Developers Guide http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Guide_Project
- OWASP SAMM (Software Assurance Maturity Model)http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Software_Assurance_Maturity_Model_Project
- OWASP Testing Guide ("best practice" penetration testing framework) http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Testing_Project
- August 15: OWASP AppSec USA 2014 Adds Leading Global Experts to List of Speakers - http://owasp.blogspot.com/2014/08/owasp-appsec-usa-2014-adds-leading.html?spref=tw
- August 13: Call for Speakers: OWASP Ghana Cybersecurity Conference - http://owasp.blogspot.com/2014/08/call-for-speakers-owasp-ghana.html
- August 13: THIS Friday is the DEADLINE to SUMBIT your Candidacy for the 2014 OWASP BOARD of DIRECTORS - http://owasp.blogspot.com/2014/08/this-friday-is-deadline-to-submit-your.html
- July 31: Videos from AppSec Europe 2014 - http://owasp.blogspot.com/2014/07/at-last-appsec-europe-owasp-media.html
The full list of press releases can be found on the OWASP blog: http://owasp.blogspot.com
For any inquiries about OWASP, OWASP Projects, or for interviews and/or backgrounds, please utilize our CONTACT FORM so we can track and route your request.
- March 12, 2012: AppSec DC Press Release: [http://owasp.blogspot.com/2012/03/appsecdc-2012.html]
- March 9, 2012: OWASP Mission and Principles: [http://owasp.blogspot.com/2012/03/owasp-mission-and-principles.html]
AppSec Israel: September 2
AppSec Israel will include 2 lecture tracks, and a sponsors display area for vendors of products and services relevant to Application Security. The annual OWASP AppSec Israel 2014 conference will be held at the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya (IDC) on Sepetember 2nd, 2014, in the Efi Arazi school of Computer Science. More information on AppSec Israel can be found here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSec_Israel_2014
Attending the conference is free of charge, however advance registration is required. Please register here.
AppSec USA 2014: September 16-19
AppSec USA is a world-class software security conference for developers, auditors, risk managers, technologists, and entrepreneurs gathering with the world’s top practitioners to share the latest research and practices, in the high energy atmosphere of Downtown Denver.
Why should you attend? Insightful keynote addresses delivered by leading industry visionaries from thought leaders of critical infrastructure. Over 50 sessions across 5 tracks (developer, tester, operations, workshops, and legal) with world-renowned subject matter experts An all-new Legal Track to address industry regulations, privacy laws, liability, and more A hands-all Workshop Track providing instruction on essential security tools and skills Thousands of attendees exclusively focused on Software Security Extensive Capture the Flag competition developed exclusively for AppSec USA 2014 Home-brewed beer competition open to all attendees Convenience of Downtown Denver.
Registration can be found on the official conference website here: http://2014.appsecusa.org/2014/
2014 Boston Application Security Conference (BASC): October 18
This free conference will take place on Saturday, October 18th at the Microsoft Cambridge Sales Office, One Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142. Note the new location, down the street from previous years' conferences.
The BASC will be a free, one day, informal conference, aimed at increasing awareness and knowledge of application security in the greater Boston area. While many of the presentations will cover state-of-the-art application security concepts, the BASC is intended to appeal to a wide-array of attendees. Application security professionals, professional software developers, software quality engineers, computer science students, and security software vendors should be able to come to the BASC, learn, and hopefully enjoy themselves at the same time.
The details and registration can be found here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/2014_BASC_Homepage
Lonestar Application Security Conference (LASCON): October 21-24
The Lonestar Application Security Conference (LASCON) is an OWASP conference held annually in Austin, TX. It started in 2010 when James Wickett (@wickett) and Josh Sokol (@joshsokol) along with the OWASP Austin crew put together an amazing 1-day conference with a speaker lineup of some of the who’s-who of the infosec and appsec world.
LASCON 2014, run by David Hughes(@Dav1dHugh3s) and the OWASP Austin crew, will be run in the same tradition as previous LASCON conferences featuring the best speakers, a close-knit community atmosphere and even our signature happy hour replete with a mechanical bull. Year over year, LASCON has been a gathering of thought leaders, web developers, security engineers, mobile developers and information security professionals. LASCON 2014 will have 2 days of pre-conference training and 2 full days of conference across 4 rooms.
For more information about LASCON, check out the conference website: http://lascon.org
Ghana CyberSecurity 2014: December 10-11
Ghana CyberSecurity aims to be the premier and marquee Information Security and Assurance event for technologists, auditors, risk managers, and entrepreneurs, gathering the world’s top practitioner, to share the latest research, case studies and practices, in the high energy atmosphere of the British Council, Accra.
Why you should attend: https://www.owasp.org/images/4/45/Still_need_to_know_why_you_should_attend.pdf
The Ghana CyberSecurity conference page can be found here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Ghana
For more information on OWASP events, please see The OWASP Conference page