October 14, 2015
- 1 Dial In Info
- 2 Reading Material
- 3 Meeting Agenda
- 3.1 Call to Order /OWASP Mission
- 3.2 Reports
- 3.3 Reports
- 3.4 Old Business
- 3.5 New Business
- 3.6 Action Items
- 3.7 Announcements
- 3.8 Adjournment
- 3.9 Motion to close meeting
Dial In Info
Notice of Recording
- Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
- Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
- Recording of 25 September 2015 OWASP Board Meeting
Oct 14 OWASP Board meeting, Start-time is 14:00-15:00 PDT
It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting
Call to Order /OWASP Mission
- Administrative (List of attendees and Agenda bashing (only if last-minute changes to the agenda are needed) (5 min)
Chairman's Report - Tobias Gondrom
- structuring of meetings (assign durations to each point) - 1min
- remove the section on chairman's and role reports and move to a topic based agenda (3min)
- Start of Budgeting for 2016 discussion & timeline (2min)
- start of review of Strategic Goals for 2015 and Discussion on Strategic Goals for 2016 - timeline (2min)
- evotes procedure: how many days should we wait between second of motion to give all board members time to raise discussion?
Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol
- Working on new policies to encourage spending down of chapter and project funds. Proposal under new business.
- Working on a Bylaw change to address Board member attendance policy. Proposal under new business.
Treasurer Report - Fabio Cerullo
- Paul & Fabio to review Financial report including forecast of Cash flow & cash balance to end of year.
- Discuss High Level summary of Key Funding Categories for 2016 and % Allocation as compared to 2015
- Example: Funding for Project Summit; AppSec Asia; Training/Training Curriculum program; Developer Outreach; etc.
- Topic 2
Secretary Report - Matt Konda
- Participated in Project Summit
- Working on DevOps oriented projects including:
- Working on developer documentation.
- OWASP asked back to Chicago Coder Conference
- Presented at QA Testing conference and submitted for QUEST a national conference.
Updated from Members at Large - Michael Coates, Andrew van der Stock & Jim Manico
- Update on bylaws - Andrew van der Stock
- Update on Education strategic goal - Andrew van der Stock
- Update on scope of wiki update project and problem - Jim Manico
- Update on project summit participation and value - Jim Manico
- Executive Director/Operations Update - Rollup Report P.Ritchie
- Sept.2015 State of the Union-As presented at AppSecUSA-SF
- Financial Update - August 2015 P&L, Balance Sheet, US/EU, Detail Excel report in Accrual format
- Community Manager Update - Noreen Whysel Strategic Goals & Metrics for Chapters / Volunteer Program & More
- Director Update - Kate Hartmann - Kate Hartmann Update
- Project Coordinator -Claudia Aviles Casanovas Update - 
- Membership Update - Membership Report
- IT Update: OWASP IT Infrastructure Fall 2015 - Matt Tesauro Report
Community Initiative Reports
All active board proposals are listed here
- Confirm in Meeting minutes that all current board members, as well as Executive Director & Compliance Officer have completed 'Harassment Training for Supervisors' provided by Insperity, the OWASP HR/Payroll processing company. Paul R. has confirmed.
All active board proposals are listed here
- [Josh Sokol] - Policy to Encourage Spending of Chapter Funds
- [Josh Sokol] - Board Member Attendance Policy
- [Jim Manico] - Speaker policy stress. Need to review some situations that caused great chapter stresses.
- What about presentations that are vendor neutral but have the company name in the footer?
- What about presentations that are open source content using vendor slides?
- How much do we want to enforce this policy at the chapter level? At the regional conference level? At the national conference level?
- What about folks giving talks that use non-security vendor presentation templates?
- [Tobias Gondrom] - New Proposal: Building on Michael's and your comment about rewarding active projects. I very much like that idea! And I would have a friendly additional proposal.
- Proposal 11: Any project newly reaching lab status receives a one-time extra USD500 into their project account. Any project newly reaching flagship status receives a one-time extra USD1000 into their project account.
- Next meeting date/time: