October 11, 2017
AGENDA This is the VIRTUAL packet that is provided to everyone at the same time to review, make comments and be prepared for the meeting. There is no paper handout for the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER
CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approval of prior Minutes - September 19, 2017
OWASP Foundation is managed by the Operations Director who provides a monthly roll-up report in collaboration of all staff members, contractors and efforts being manged by the back office team. A link to the monthly operational report can be found here: REPORT
AppSecUSA Leaders Meeting - Recording
OWASP Project Summit 2018 (AJV)
- Seba and Dinis want to do the event without Board funding
- OCMS event registered again
- Considering the cost of Centre Parcs (££££££), does this leave OWASP on the hook - who signs for this?
- Vote: Let Seba and Dinis go forward with planning and execution of OWASP Summit in 2018 without funding from the Organization and without the organization signing contracts.
Strategic Goals (Konda) - Timeboxed to 15 minutes.
- Recap on 2017
- Discussion for 2018
- 2017 Reloaded from Konda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZgZotdu3TglKCiyOxyQVwS16YDJj0qmEkdYz0LT7hf4/edit
- 2017: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1maFqH9NEdQB8ULDU03S_zsXI5k3NiCDKcy9xian63cE/edit#heading=h.divazhxd68t1
- 2016: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ux8lRGjXShjKr6BtJ-4WKJNVx3mZC3TN5EITC_zUW2A/edit
- 2015: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BZx7Wjo5L6JGOIvCFeQUWmmYtrIcRatGuJltWobXdZo/edit
- 2014: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19BJMDMTVWlwqMcvUfDy1Mcjtd_bKGbhu-D-VBE-7kFU/edit (Also includes summary of previous)
- Facilitated discussion based on: https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheets/d/1EBm6XvVmN2lQrS15X7PDER5X8S4nsISKkdK1PGgpx24/edit?usp=sharing
- Tom Pappas to describe the outcomes
- Items that need Board attention (timesheets, staff CC / expense management, and ensuring that we have visibility of pay changes within the ESC system)
- Likely to sign it off once we have final draft.
Fix Project Balance for the OWASP SAMM project (AJV)
- They have access to 6600 Euros in their EU chapter funds (Tom Pappas to confirm) as that's not listed in the consolidated document which is where I got the $0 from, but in the attachments for EU chapter. This is the danger of running two sets of books, and two accounts
- Please delay until I can join (ajv)
- They donated $10k to the Project Summit, and the rest on travel, which is perfectly fine as it uses OWASP funds for mission.
- The project asks for the return 3677.22 USD to the SAMM project funds removed on 2-Jan-2017 as per the Board's Fund recovery vote on October 2015. No budget was received.
- see email http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2017-October/018357.html (see attachment)
Clarification of reimbursement approval process (Matt Tesauro)
- Budget owners approve reimbursements in the new OWASP Service Desk system. I've been approving staff reimbursements, so who approves my reimbursement requests?
- I'd suggest the board chairman or treasurer should do the approval. These should be infrequent.
AppSecUSA Update (Konda)
COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND OTHER BUSINESS
Upcoming OWASP events around the world
'Executive Session (Legal / HR / Other updates will happen after the public session)