This site is the archived OWASP Foundation Wiki and is no longer accepting Account Requests.
To view the new OWASP Foundation website, please visit https://owasp.org
OWASP on the Move
This program allows local chapters to have OWASP presenters on site.
It is NOT for speakers to attend OWASP conferences.
This program allows 3 parties to find each other:
- Local chapters events that want to attract an OWASP speaker
- OWASP speakers to entertain OWASP presentations and that want to see the world
- OWASP sponsors that want to support spreading the OWASP message
To find available speakers in your area, see the OWASP Speakers Project
The way it works is really easy.
- Upfront the chapter leader logs an OOTM request (event details, who to cover, etc...) Here The request will be reviewed by the OWASP Staff. If the request is within the rules (see below) it will be rapidly approved.
- The speaker, who made the travel/lodging expenses, submits a reimbursment request with receipts after the presentation is performed
- The Reimbursmement is approved and processed.
OWASP On the Move Rules:
The following rules apply for the OotM project:
- Primary funding would be deducted from the local chapter budget.
- A chapter without sufficient funds for a speaker may request the Global Chapter Committee vote to approve the use of OWASP funds.
- The normal maximum amount per speaker is 500 USD
- Only in special circumstances the maximum amount per speaker can be raised to a maximum of $1000 USD
- There is a proposed limit of 2,000 USD on the amount of $ provided to any individual per year (*see 'further funding' below)
- There is a proposed limit of 2,000 USD on the amount of $ provided to any chapter per year(*see 'further funding' below)
A chapter can use the sponsorship 4 times a year, with a maximum of 2 speakers sponsored by OotM for one single event.
- Further funding: for active chapters or speakers who have reach the proposed financial limits, further funding is possible but will depend on available budget, since priority would be given to chapters below these thresholds
OWASP on the Move funds are not to be used by speakers to attend OWASP conferences. If assistance is needed to attend a conference, contact the conference chair.
The payments are tracked online OWASP_on_the_Move_-_Payments