OWASP SonarQube Project
OWASP SonarQube Project
OWASP Sonarqube Project is intended to track the implementation in SonarQube langauge plugins of security rules, like those in the OWASP Top10, ASVS, PCI-DSS, ISO 27034ASC, &etc.
Introduction to SonarQube
SonarQube is an open platform for managing code quality. As such, it covers the 7 axes of code quality:
More than 20 programming languages are covered through plugins, including: Java, C#, C/C++, PL/SQL, Cobol, ABAP, …
Deliver a set of rules marked with relevant tags (E.G. owasp-top10, cwe, sans-top25) to make adoption of security rules as painless as possible.
OWASP SonarQube Project is free to use. It is licensed under the [ttp://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Apache 2.0 license], so you can copy, distribute and transmit the work, and you can adapt it, and use it commercially, but all provided that you attribute the work and if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
News and Events
We've added an "owasp-top10" tag to existing rules, mainly in the FindBugs plugins.
We've mapped the existing SonarQube rule specifications to CWE.
- How do I use the owasp-top10 tag?
- Perform a rule search for tag=owasp-top10. If you have the proper permissions, you can use the bulk change options to activate the results in your profiles.
- How to help ?
- Give us your expertise on some langage, or ability to test on some real project our rules, or more...
- Will you plan other langage ?
- Yes, contact us if you want to know more. And perhaps give us some feedback one some real projects....
As of June 2014, the priorities are:
First deliver on Java langage :
- Deliver for the beginning of Q4 (October) 2014 tag existing FindBugs and SonarQube rules that apply to the OWASP Top10 2013. Tag name: "owasp-top10".
- Deliver tags mapping Cert Secure Coding and ISO 27034 ASC for the end of 2014
- Deliver for 2015 rule tags mapping PCI-DSS requirements with the standard rules of SonarQube.
- Deliver for 2015 rule tags mapping OWASP ASVS level (1,2,3,4).
Involvement in the development and promotion of SonarQube is actively encouraged! You do not have to be a security expert in order to contribute.
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?