OWASP Project Manager Activity Reports/October 08 2012
Revision as of 13:42, 8 October 2012 by Samantha Groves
OWASP Project Manager Report
Work accomplished since September 10, 2012
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 113
- Archived Projects: 41
- Graveyard Projects: 24
- Merged Projects: 43
- Pending Project Donations: We are still working on creating a Project Donation Contract.
- Pending New Project Leader Appointment
- OWASP Stinger project: This project is currently being transfered. The new project leader has been appointed.
Currently Working On
- Project Manager Q4 Objectives
- Identify and initiate 3 grant opportunities.
- Complete metadata for Salesforce import related to projects.
- Finalize and launch the Project database communication tool and webpage.
- Complete the project lifecycle redesign.
- Complete Version 2 of the Project Handbook.
- Projects Communications Restructuring
- I have created a tabs based wiki page for OWASP Projects.
- The aim is to migrate to this after Q4.
- I continue to update this every week with the relevant data.
- Projects Implementation Plan
- SalesForce Metadata Migration
- Currently collecting information for all of our projects to put into SalesForce.
- Working on gathering Active Project's data.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- AppSec USA 2012 queries
- Travel queries
- Budget based questions
- Funding questions
- Project based administrative help
- Project status information
- Information request from outside the community regarding projects
- DHS Host Project Funding Proposal
- Our Proposal was accepted, and we have been awarded $25k for the Guidebook Projects.
- Deborah has sent us the agreement letter, and I have agreed to the terms.
- We are currently waiting to hear back from Deborah regarding funds transfer.
- They need a more detailed project plan from us so I am currently putting that together for OWASP and DHS.
- AppSec USA OSS
- All 6 attendees have confirmed.
- Greg has agreed to our terms: We pay for his airfare if he agrees to participate as a volunteer at the conference.
- Travel requirements for Kostas have changed. He is still going to participate in the OSS, but now his airfare and hotel expenses will be paid by the OWASP Track Fund as he is now a speaker.
- Presentation Schedule
- Atlassian Open Source License
- Andrew and I worked together on this application.
- We created a new proposal for the community license.
- Our proposal has been accepted, and we are now able to use the software.
- Projects Handbook
- GPC and I have been working on completing the OWASP Projects Handbook.
- Currently in the middle of developing a second version of the Handbook that is more relevant to the current state of OWASP Projects.
- Emphasis on simplification of processes and creating a solid framework that we can later build on if needed.
More Funding Potential
- OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL
- DHS has expressed interest in funding the OWASP ESAPI Project.
- We have started by creating a new proposal questionnaire document.
- Chris Schmidt, ESAPI Project Leader, and I have a meeting scheduled this week to discuss this proposal.
Important GPC Meeting Outcomes and Discussion Points
- High Priority Objectives for Handbook:
- Migration to Incubator, Labs, Flagship system.
- Sorting out reviews/reviewer process
- Focus on simplification of processes
- Samantha will duplicate the current handbook document: Aim is to start with a fresh document using the previous version as reference.
- GPC Members will go through handbook and cross off information that will no longer be relevant: Flagship designation, Sourceforge references, etc.
- Flagship designation will be left out for now. We will start with Incubator and Labs.
- Double check FSF licenses and create a list.
- Ownership of Projects: Agreed that this needs further development in the future, but for now we will leave it as "business as usual". Project Leaders keep ownership of their projects.