This page is for people to post OWASP related news items, like new releases, updates, or announcements. This page is monitored, and particularly important stories will be copied to the front page.
Please post new items at the top of the list using the following format:
; '''Mon ## - [[OWASP Project|Headline for announcement]]''' : Details...
- Jul 11 - Two part interview on Ajax with OWASP's Andrew van der Stock
- In this two part interview, Andrew discusses the key security threats facing Ajax applications and practical advice for securing them. "I expect more Ajax vulnerabilities and exploits to surface, and I expect researchers to come up with additional "new" flaws that need to be protected against."
- Jun 29 - Owasp .Net Project in now hosted at www.owasp.org
- Comming full circle, the Owasp .Net Project (lead by Dinis Cruz) is now hosted here at the www.owasp.org website. The objective is to consolidate all Owasp projects in one location, and to benefit from cross projects linkage. All information that was hosted at the previous www.owasp.net wiki has now been ported and in the comming weeks, more will be added.
- Jun 26 - OWASP PHP Top 5 Released
- OWASP is pleased to announce the immediate availability of OWASP PHP Top 5. The OWASP Top 5 is an education piece which provides up to date advice to PHP developers, hosters, and other PHP users. The Top 5 is produced by the OWASP PHP Project.
- Jun 23 - New version of WebScarab released
- The new version has a new logo, several new features, and some bugfixes. There are better capabilities for authentication and certificates, dropping conversations, and searching results. There are plugin enhancements to the spider, session id analyzer, and fuzzer. There's also a new extension for forced browsing to obvious extensions.
- Nmap's Fyodor asked users from the nmap-hackers mailing list to share their favorite tools, and 3,243 people responded. This allowed him to expand the list to 100 tools, and even subdivide them into categories. Anyone in the security field would be well advised to go over the list and investigate tools they are unfamiliar with. Respondents were allowed to list open source or commercial tools on any platform.
- Jun 8 - New OWASP CAL9000 Project Unveiled
- Jun 6 - OWASP Java Project
- Stephen de Vries and Rohyt Belani have taken on the OWASP Java project and will be building the project roadmap shortly.
- Jun 3 - How to test session identifier strength with WebScarab
- New article shows you how to use one of the advanced features of WebScarab!
- Jun 1 - OWASP selected in top 100 security websites
- OWASP has been selected as one of the top 100 security websites. Thanks to everyone who's helped us along the way!
- May 26 - OWASP WebGoat 4.0 released
- Lots of new features, including multi-stage hands-on coding labs for access control, SQL injection, and cross site scripting.
- May 25 - OWASP CLASP project launched
- Thanks to Secure Software for donating the CLASP materials to bootstrap our secure lifecycle efforts.