OWASP Juice Shop Project
OWASP Juice Shop Tool Project
The most trustworthy online shop out there. (dschadow)
The application contains more than 30 challenges of varying difficulty where the user is supposed to exploit the underlying vulnerabilities. The hacking progress is tracked on a score board. Finding this score board is actually one of the (easy) challenges!
Main Selling Points
This recording from the OWASP Netherlands Chapter Meeting, 22nd September 2016 gives an introduction to the OWASP Juice Shop and a live demonstration of the application and how to hack it.
Spoiler warning: The last 10 minutes of the video show some live hacking including solutions to a few of the challenges!
[07 Dec 2016] v2.19 released
[11 Nov 2016] v2.18 released
[03 Nov 2016] v2.17 released
Juice Shop is already implemented, properly tested and has been promoted and demonstrated or live-hacked on various occasions including OWASP events. It has been successfully used by different companies for inhouse security trainings.
Functional Enhancements in 2.x
- fix known bugs
- continually adding more features/vulnerabilities to the application
- Add a CTF-mode to use Juice Shop in classroom setups (#166)
Promotion to Lab Project
- official request for project review issued in October 2016
- finish and publish companion guide eBook Pwning OWASP Juice Shop
Vision for Juice Shop 3.0
- migrate to Angular 2 (#165)
- migrate to latest Sequelize version (#167)
- requires to replace the discontinued sequelize-restful module
- migrate to Jasmine 2 and Frisby 2 test frameworks (#164)
Involvement in the development and promotion of OWASP Juice Shop is actively encouraged! You do not have to be a security expert or a programmer to contribute. Some of the ways you can help are as follows:
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?