OWASP Global AppSec Asia 2011
OWASP Global AppSec Asia Pacific 2011 - Beijing China
OWASP China-Mainland Chapter will host OWASP Global AppSec Asia Pacific 2011 in Beijing, China in Nov 4-7, 2011. The summit will gather OWASP leaders, security experts, executives, technical thought leaders, developers, scientists and researchers from Asia and around the world for in-depth discussions of cutting-edge application security issues. The summit will draw participation from major Chinese and global organizations across various verticals including government, information technology, services and consulting, telecommunications, finance, e-commerce, Internet, universities and research institutes. About 800 people are expected to attend the summit, which will be covered by major news media. Panel discussions, vendor exhibit, and dinners will be held at the summit, providing sufficient networking opportunities.
Please use regonline for your registration.
Who Should Attend OWASP Global AppSec Asia 2011:
- Application Developers
- Application Testers and Quality Assurance
- Application Project Management and Staff
- Chief Information Officers, Chief Information Security Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Deputies, Associates and Staff
- Chief Financial Officers, Auditors, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Oversight and Compliance
- Security Managers and Staff
- Executives, Managers, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Governance
- IT Professionals Interesting in Improving IT Security
For student discount, attendees must present proof of enrollment when picking up your badge.
CFP and CFT
OWASP APPSEC ASIA 2011
CALL FOR Presentation
OWASP AppSec Asia 2011 Conference will be a major international forum for the presentation of research results, cutting-edge ideas and in-depth discussions in the field of application security. OWASP AppSec Asia 2011 Conference invites application security researchers, thought leaders and developers worldwide to submit papers for the opportunity of presenting to 800+ expected participants.
The topics we are seeking include, but are not limited to:
- Web Application Security
- Mobile Application Security
- Cloud Application Security
- Software and Architecture Patterns for Application Security
- Metrics for Application Security
- OWASP Tools and Projects
- Secure Coding Practices (J2EE/.NET)
- Application Security Testing
- New Attacks and Defense
- Other subjects related to OWASP and Application Security
To make a submission:
- Download and fill out the form available at https://www.owasp.org/images/b/b6/OWASP_AppSec_Asia_2011_CFP.zip
- Submit the form through the Easychair conference web site at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=apac2011
Each talk should be limited to 40 minutes, followed by a 10 minute question session.
- Submission deadline: August 22, 2011.
- Notification of acceptance: September 9, 2011.
- Presentation slides due: October 21, 2011.
CALL FOR Training
OWASP AppSec Asia will begin with two days of training sessions on November 4th and 5th, 2011. Proposals are solicited for the training of either a one-day (6 hours plus breaks) or two-day sessions on all topics of application security with focus on secure application design and development, threat modeling and defense strategy, and secure application testing. Each training session should cover a single topic in detail in order to allow trainees to grasp practical understanding and basic skill in the subject. Submissions should include a cover sheet and an extended abstract. The cover sheet should specify:
- The title and length of the training;
- The intended audience and prerequisite knowledge or skills, if any;
- Complete contact information for the trainer; and
- Brief biography (max. 2 paragraphs) for the trainer. The extended abstract should be 1 to 2 pages, and should include an outline of the training plan, along with descriptions of the objectives and course materials.
Training proposals in PDF or Word format must be sent via email by August 22, 2011 to Jack Li ([email protected]). The submissions will undergo review and trainings will be selected by the OWASP AppSec Asia 2011 Conference Committee. Notifications will be sent out by September 9, 2011.
For more information, please see the following web pages:
Conference Website: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Global_AppSec_Asia_2011 OWASP Speaker Agreement: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Speaker_Agreement OWASP Website: http://www.owasp.org Easychair conference site: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=appsecasia2011 Presentation proposal form: https://www.owasp.org/images/b/b6/OWASP_AppSec_Asia_2011_CFP.zip
We are still soliciting sponsors for the OWASP Global AppSec Asia 2011. An exhibit hall will be held for vendor booths and presentations.
More than 500 people attended the OWASP China conference last year. As a sponsor, you will gain exclusive access to companies in Asia through a limited number of expo floor slots.
New in 2011, we are offering exclusive Global AppSec Sponsorships to provide additional benefits and streamline the planning process for our most supportive organizations.
Please contact us directly if you have any related question.
To find out more about the different sponsorship opportunities please check the document below:
Members (in alphabetical order)
- Frank Fan 范渊
- Helen Gao 高雯
- Jianchun Jiang 蒋建春
- Jack Li 李江宏
- Rip Torn 万振華
- Jie Wang 王颉
- Ivy Zhang 张平
- Zhendong Yu 于振东
How to obtain a visa for the event
- Invitation letter will be sent out for overseas attendees after registration.
- For detailed information on obtaining a business visa for this event, please refer to Chinese embassy