OWASP AppSec DC 2009
OWASP AppSec USA 2009 Conference
Twitter Feed (follow me!) <twitter>34534108</twitter>
Call for Papers
CFP is now CLOSED
Due to the overwhelming response from the community the planning committee needs more time to sift through all of the proposals that we received. We feel that it is better to give each presentation a complete review rather then meet a somewhat arbitrary deadline. Originally we promised that we would respond to speakers within 10 business days of June 15th. We are now estimating that the initial batch of speakers should hear back by July 15th.
If you have additional questions about the CFP please read the FAQ
Call for Training
CFT is now CLOSED
There are a total of five classrooms over two days or 10 training days available at the conference. Two classrooms hold 30 students and the other three have a capacity of 24 students.
The following conditions apply for people or organizations that want to provide training at the conference:
- Training provider should provide class syllabus / training materials.
- Proceeds will be split 75/25 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
- The 75% for OWASP goes towards: Classroom Rental, Conference Logistics/Registration, and Food and OWASP Grants for Research Projects.
- Courses must have an enrollment of 60% before class is considered operational.
- Price per attendee: 2-Day Class $1350/ 1-Day Class $675.
- Trainers can brand training materials to increase their exposure
- Classes are to be focused around Application Security
Training proposals should consist of the following information:
- Trainer contact info (country of origin and residence-mail, postal address, phone, E-mail).
- Employer and/or affiliations.
- Training synopsis, proposed training title, and a one-paragraph description.
- Brief biography, list of publications and papers.
- Any significant presentation and educational experience/background.
- Reason why this material is innovative or significant or an important training for the OWASP conference.
- Please list any other publications or conferences where this material has been or will be published/submitted.
- Training format (hands-on, lecture …)
- Provide a list of items/software students need for the training.
- Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines.
Submission deadline is June 15th 2009. Submissions must use the training proposal template. Submit Proposals To rex.booth(at)owasp.org with the subject line APPSEC DC CFT SUBMISSION.
We will need all the help we can get to pull off the best Web Application Security Conference of the year!
Email mark.bristow(at)owasp.org, doug.wilson(at)owasp.org or rex.booth(at)owasp.org
Email appsec_us_09(at)lists.owasp.org or sign up for the mailing list!
We are currently soliciting sponsors for the AppSec DC Conference. Please refer to our sponsorship opportunities for details.
Registration is Open
Registration is now open.
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
AppSec DC 2009 will be taking place at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in downtown Washington DC.
The convention center is located over the Mount Vernon Square/Convention Center Metro stop on the Green and Yellow lines of the DC Metro, and only a few blocks from our convention hotel, the Grand Hyatt Washington (reserve rooms here).
Grand Hyatt Washington DC
We've partnered with the Grand Hyatt Washington to bring you luxury accommodations at a reasonable price for your stay during our conference.
The Grand Hyatt is only a few blocks from the DC Convention Center and adjacent to a wide variety of restaurants and night life in downtown DC.
Our convention rate for reservations can also be applied shortly before or after the conference, if you wish to stay longer and enjoy the Washington DC Metropolitan Area.
You can register for a room at our convention rate of $209/night here.
Traveling to the DC Metro Area
The Washington DC Area is serviced by three airports -- Reagan National (DCA), Dulles (IAD), and Thurgood Marshall Baltimore/Washington International (BWI). All currently have available transportation to downtown DC via public transportation, shuttles, or cab.
If you live in the DC Metropolitan area, we suggest taking Metro to the event. The convention center is located over the Mount Vernon Square/Convention Center Metro stop on the Green and Yellow lines of the DC Metro.