OWASP AppSec DC 2009
OWASP AppSec USA 2009 Conference
Twitter Feed (follow me!) <twitter>34534108</twitter>
The Call for Papers is currently OPEN
The Call for Training Providers is currently OPEN
We also have a wide range of Sponsorship Opportunities available
Call for Papers
OWASP is currently soliciting papers for the OWASP AppSec DC 2009 Conference. There will be training courses on November 10th and 11th followed by plenary sessions on the 12th and 13th with each day having at least three tracks. AppSec DC may also have BOF, break out, or speed talks in addition to the standard schedule depending on the submissions we receive.
We are seeking people and organizations that want to present on any of the following topics:
- Business Risks with Application Security.
- Starting and Managing Secure Development Lifecycle Programs.
- Web Services-, XML- and Application Security.
- Metrics for Application Security.
- Application Threat Modeling.
- Hands-on Source Code Review.
- Web Application Security Testing.
- OWASP Tools and Projects.
- Secure Coding Practices (J2EE/.NET).
- Privacy Concerns with Applications and Data Storage
- Web Application Security countermeasures
- Technology specific presentations on security such as AJAX, XML, etc.
- Anything else relating to OWASP and Application Security.
To make a call for papers submission you must include :
- Presenter(s) name(s)
- Presenter(s) Email and Phone numbers
- Presenter(s) bio(s)
- Any supporting research/tools (will not be released outside of CFP committee)
Submission deadline is June 15th 2009 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time. Submit Proposals To mark.bristow(at)owasp.org with the subject line APPSEC DC CFP SUBMISSION. It is very important you submit properly or your proposal will not be considered (an automated filter is used).
If you have additional questions about the CFP please read the FAQ
We are currently soliciting sponsors for the AppSec DC Conference. Please refer to our sponsorship opportunities for details.
Call for Training
There are a total of five classrooms over two days or 10 training days available at the conference. Two classrooms hold 30 students and the other three have a capacity of 24 students.
The following conditions apply for people or organizations that want to provide training at the conference:
- Training provider should provide class syllabus / training materials.
- Proceeds will be split 75/25 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
- The 75% for OWASP goes towards: Classroom Rental, Conference Logistics/Registration, and Food and OWASP Grants for Research Projects.
- Courses must have an enrollment of 60% before class is considered operational.
- Price per attendee: 2-Day Class $1350/ 1-Day Class $675.
- Trainers can brand training materials to increase their exposure
- Classes are to be focused around Application Security
Training proposals should consist of the following information:
- Trainer contact info (country of origin and residence-mail, postal address, phone, E-mail).
- Employer and/or affiliations.
- Training synopsis, proposed training title, and a one-paragraph description.
- Brief biography, list of publications and papers.
- Any significant presentation and educational experience/background.
- Reason why this material is innovative or significant or an important training for the OWASP conference.
- Please list any other publications or conferences where this material has been or will be published/submitted.
- Training format (hands-on, lecture …)
- Provide a list of items/software students need for the training.
- Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines.
Submission deadline is June 15th 2009. Submissions must use the training proposal template. Submit Proposals To rex.booth(at)owasp.org with the subject line APPSEC DC CFT SUBMISSION.
Get involved! We need all the help we can get!
Email mark.bristow(at)owasp.org, doug.wilson(at)owasp.org or rex.booth(at)owasp.org
Email appsec_us_09(at)lists.owasp.org or sign up for the mailing list!