March 16, 2016
- 1 Dial In Info
- 2 Reading Material
- 3 Meeting Agenda
- 3.1 Call to Order /OWASP Mission
- 3.2 Actionable Agenda Topics
- 3.3 Discussion Topics
- 3.4 Misc. Topics (10-15 Minutes)
- 3.5 Old Business
- 3.6 New Business
- 3.7 Action Item Follow-Up
- 3.8 Reports
- 3.9 Reports
- 3.10 Announcements
- 3.11 Adjournment
- 3.12 Motion to close meeting
Dial In Info
Notice of Recording
- Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
- Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
- Recording of 13 January 2016 OWASP Board Meeting
- Recording of 17 February 2016 OWASP Board Meeting
- Recording of 16 March 2016 OWASP Board Meeting
- March 16, 2016, 16:00-17:30 PST - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?
It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting
1. NEW -
2. NEW -
- Note Cash Balance for Foundation is ‘trending’ lower, although this will reverse now that AppSec Rome Registration is Open. Also, A/R is sitting at $199,623 pending collections with virtually no bad debt. AP is small at $17,000. Also see sheet called 'Board Summary' for best snapshot of P&L.
4. >> READ Staff Status reports below.
- How To Host a Conference Policy Statements - Updated March 11.
- OWASP Branding Guidelines - Updated and clarified, as of March 11
- Laura Grau - Conference Manager Report - March 2016
Call to Order /OWASP Mission
Open Meeting - Start Recording, List attendees and Agenda update (only if last-minute changes are needed) (5 min)
- Approve minutes from February 17, 2016.
Actionable Agenda Topics
- April 20 and May 18 Board meeting schedule (Josh)
Misc. Topics (10-15 Minutes)
- Membership - why do many chapters have a -ve balance (ajv)
- Membership - why do many chapters have a $0 balance for memberships when they have members (ajv)
- Membership - what can we do to encourage OWASP membership? Business cards with a QR code? Membership drive? Announcements for chapter leaders to read out at the start of every meeting? What works? (ajv) Pro-active distribution of new materials and summary digest in a "push out" model? Similar to community update and news flashes ... maybe with slightly different models for content for developers?(mk)
All active board proposals are listed here
- We did not have an e-mail discussion of the clarification of "Active leaders" during the last month, so no e-vote.
- Needs assessment update (Kate)
Action Item Follow-Up
Chairmain's Report - Matt Konda
Detail here: https://trello.com/b/YWY4pf8I/global-board
- Working with Kelly, Kate on sponsor package for software companies. (In progress)
- Working with Kelly, Kate, Claudia on developer outreach. (In progress)
- Talking with O'Reilly conferences.
- Trying to help with projects. Talked with Simon, Dinis, John Melton. Reached out to Apache Software Foundation for ideas. (In progress)
- ED Review (Under review)
- Ongoing commits to pipeline project (security checks tool)
Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol
- Update on efforts with bug bounty program
Treasurer Report - Andrew van der Stock
- This month was very quiet.
- I've reviewed the January 2016 P&L summary sheet. It does not contain a lot of (obvious? any?) detail for March 2016.
- I would like a new P&L summary every month. If this sheet is hard to do, will talk to Paul and Laura about gaining access to the raw data.
- There was one expense for $27k relating to a booking for AppSec USA (it's a surprise) that will be broken into three smaller payments, which means I don't have to approve it, but it's within the budget for AppSec USA.
- I did not approve any expenses over $10k as none arose.
- Expenses are generally raised and approved in a timely fashion.
Secretary Report - Jim Manico
No secretary updates this month.
Updates from Members at Large
- Michael Coates (Chapters)
- Tom Brennan (Projects)
- Tobias Gondrom (Governance)
- Executive Director Status Report for 16 March 2016
- Membership Report - Kelly Santalucia
- Event Manager Report - Laura Grau
- Operations Report - Kate Hartmann
- Project Coordinator Report-Claudia Casanovas
- Community Manager Report -Noreen Whysel
- IT Update from Matt T.
Community Initiative Reports
- The Board will hold a confidential Board-only meeting following the close of the public meeting
- Willing to shift to March 15?
- Next meeting date/time: March 16, 2016, 16:00-17:00 PST - TimeZone Converter