OWASP Kansas City
Welcome to the Kansas City chapter homepage. If you have any questions about the Kansas City Chapter, please send an email to our chapter leader, Justin Ferguson, or directly to our mailing list at [email protected].
OWASP-KC’s mission is to be a welcoming community for Web Application Developers and Information Security Professionals to learn, communicate, and share their perspectives at a common table.
We will be holding regular meetings on the 4th Tuesday of every month (opposite SecKC!). Thanks to the generosity of the Kauffman Foundation, our meetings are currently held at the Kauffman Foundation Conference Center at 4801 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO.
The OWASP Foundation is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and are guided by the Chapter Leader Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized chapter donation button.
OWASP Kansas City is ALWAYS looking for speakers. If you have a AppSec-focused project or topic you would like to present at an OWASP meeting, please contact our chapter leaders!
OWASP is a member-supported organization. OWASP membership is not required to attend our meetings, but every time one of our members purchases an OWASP membership, some of those funds come to our local chapter. We also appreciate all Donations!
Our meetings will be held the fourth Tuesday of each month!
Chapter MeetingsVisit our group on meetup.com
Upcoming eventsNo events are scheduled at the moment.
- Feb 22, 2023 (18:00): OWASP-KC February StammtischTenfold Security, 620 west 26th street · Kansas City, MOHey all! This session we'll be having our very first Stammtisch! For anyone not familiar with a stammtisch this is largely just an informal group meeting with like minded people to sit around and talk shop. There will be no set topic other than general AppSec. So come on out, meet some new people in the industry and share your ideas around all things AppSec! We'll have drinks, snacks, and a great (read more)
- Jan 25, 2023 (18:00): OWASP-KC Jan 24th All About SBOMTenfold Security, 620 west 26th street · Kansas City, MOMat Caughron will be speaking on the topic of Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) and how it's relevant to application security and development! SBOM's are becoming more and more important in the application security and development space due to the White House's Executive Order around Software Supply Chain and NIST's newest guidance, SP[masked] Secure Software Development Framework (SSDF). Come joi (read more)
- Nov 23, 2022 (18:00): OWASP-KC Nov.22 AppSec Meets Insurance Tenfold Security, 620 west 26th street · Kansas City, MOspeaker Charlie StengerCEO of GST Specialty will be speaking on the topic of cyber insurance we will also cover cloud configuration insights and guidance : https://tomforb.es/infosys-leaked-fulladminaccess-aws-keys-on-pypi-for-over-a-year/ https://owasp.org/www-project-cloud-native-application-security-top-10/
- Nov 14, 2022 (10:00): 2022 OWASP Global AppSec San FranciscoHyatt Regency San Francisco, 5 Embarcadero Ctr · San Francisco, CAGlobal AppSec San Francisco returns November 14-18. Designed for private and public sector infosec professionals, the two-day OWASP conferences equip developers, defenders, and advocates to build a more secure web. We offer educational 1-day, 2-day, and 3-day [training courses](https://sf.globalappsec.org/trainings/) on November 14-16. Join us for leading application security technologies, speaker (read more)
- Oct 25, 2022 (18:00): OWASP-KC October meeting : DevSecOpsTenfold Security, 620 west 26th street · Kansas City, MOOWASP-KC october meeting DecSecOps Debate: to be or not to be? DevSecOps is the question Who: Jon Broek and Joe Nicastro - plus moderatorswhere: TenFold Securitywhen : Tuesday October 25, 6PM to 8Pm
Connect with OWASP-KC
LinkedIn: OWASP Kansas City
Mailing List: OWASP KC E-mail List
Facebook: OWASP KC Facebook