Difference between revisions of "Kansas City"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== OWASP Kansas City ==
== OWASP Kansas City ==
Latest revision as of 20:15, 25 October 2019
OWASP Kansas City
Welcome to the Kansas City chapter homepage. If you have any questions about the Kansas City Chapter, please send an email to our chapter leader, Justin Ferguson and Joshua White and Greg Lahann, or directly to our mailing list at [email protected]
OWASP-KC’s mission is to be a welcoming community for Web Application Developers and Information Security Professionals to learn, communicate, and share their perspectives at a common table.
We will be holding regular meetings on the 4th Tuesday of every month (opposite SecKC!). Thanks to the generosity of the Kauffman Foundation, our meetings are currently held at the Kauffman Foundation Conference Center at 4801 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO.
The OWASP Foundation is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and are guided by the Chapter Leader Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized chapter donation button.
OWASP Kansas City is ALWAYS looking for speakers. If you have a AppSec-focused project or topic you would like to present at an OWASP meeting, please contact our chapter leaders!
OWASP is a member-supported organization. OWASP membership is not required to attend our meetings, but every time one of our members purchases an OWASP membership, some of those funds come to our local chapter. We also appreciate all Donations!
Our meetings will be held the fourth Tuesday of each month!
Chapter MeetingsVisit our group on meetup.com
Upcoming eventsNo events are scheduled at the moment.
- Sep 27, 2022 (17:30): Introduction to Threat Modeling with Josh Williams , · , we're back! first KC - OWASP meeting in a hot minute. let's use this to learn about threat modeling, sharpen our skills, meet new people, and make plans for the future of OWASP in KC!
- Aug 23, 2021 (18:00): Open Web App Security Project - Kansas City Chapter Monthly Meeting, · , Meetings of the Kansas City chapter of the Open Web Application Security Project are held at 6:00pm on the fourth MONDAY of each month. Attendance is open to everyone - membership is not required (though we invite you to join the global OWASP organization and list our chapter as your home chapter)! RSVPs are not required - we don't track membership - but it's definitely helpful for planning! (It l (read more)
- Jun 28, 2021 (18:30): Open Web App Security Project - Kansas City Chapter Monthly Meeting, · , We're going to do this! In person! Masks optional, if you're vaccinated! There will be pizza! Content details will be forthcoming, but we're looking to do a primarily social and planning meeting, with potentially a handful of lightning talks - but we need *you* to submit the lightning talks! Is there an OWASP tool or WebAppSec concept that you can give a 3- to 5-minute talk on? No slides are neces (read more)
- Mar 22, 2021 (18:30): Open Web App Security Project - Kansas City Chapter Monthly Meeting, · , Hello, all! Spring 2021 and COVID vaccines are finally here, and we need to figure out what the future of OWASP-KC looks like. This meeting will be a general social and planning virtual meetup to try to get some idea of where things stand going forward. If you are new to to the group and want to know what's up, or if you've been around for a while and want to help plan for our next chapter, please (read more)
- Sep 28, 2020 (18:00): Open Web App Security Project - Kansas City Chapter Monthly Meeting, · , Meetings of the Kansas City chapter of the Open Web Application Security Project are held at 6:00pm on the fourth MONDAY of each month, usually at the Kauffman Foundation Conference Center at 4801 Rockhill Rd, Kansas City, MO. Attendance is open to everyone - membership is not required (though we invite you to join the global OWASP organization and list our chapter as your home chapter)! RSVPs are (read more)
Connect with OWASP-KC
LinkedIn: OWASP Kansas City
Mailing List: OWASP KC E-mail List
Facebook: OWASP KC Facebook