This site is the archived OWASP Foundation Wiki and is no longer accepting Account Requests.
To view the new OWASP Foundation website, please visit https://owasp.org

Difference between revisions of "June 24, 2015"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Old Business)
(New Business: added to wrong month)
 
(24 intermediate revisions by 9 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
* Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
 
* Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
 
* Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
 
* Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
*[link:addme Meeting Recording]
+
*[https://www.dropbox.com/s/s70mzmo1j3hvw96/2015-06-24%2014.05%20OWASP%20Board%20Meeting.wmv?dl=0  Recording of June 24, 2015 OWASP Board Meeting]
 
 
  
 
===Time===
 
===Time===
12:00pm - 1:00pm EST
+
14:00-15:00 PDT
  
 
===Location===   
 
===Location===   
Line 22: Line 21:
  
 
=== Meeting Minutes===
 
=== Meeting Minutes===
[link:addme Meeting Minutes]
+
[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1flUHQfne84BXixhnEAozXy8OrfX8Fx2Ch73kkLwQGes/edit?usp=sharing Minutes of June 24, 2015 OWASP Board Meeting]
  
 
= Reading Material  =
 
= Reading Material  =
 
'''''It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting'''''
 
'''''It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting'''''
  
 +
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RnVbx6DXX3tGcFWlrSxyn8NDKPQEYbTcACJR0oCuyaI/edit#heading=h.rye1xpr37ksy|OWASP By Laws v7]
 +
 +
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1d6c5LqjN-qSQjWfMQdqaYaQz2dBVTNssBSLCSKAgusY/edit?usp=sharing On-Demand Training Proposal]
  
 
= Meeting Agenda =
 
= Meeting Agenda =
Line 45: Line 47:
 
*
 
*
  
=== Updated from Members at Large - Michael Coates, Andrew van der Stock & Jim Manico ===
+
=== Updates from Members at Large - Michael Coates, Andrew van der Stock & Jim Manico ===
  
 +
* Andrew van der Stock - Education strategic goal update.
 +
* Michael - Motion to move primary responsibility of planning and execution of the AppSecUSA 2016 conference to the OWASP Foundation. Selection of core conference themes and speaker/proposal would be driven by the OWASP community.
  
 
==Reports==
 
==Reports==
* Executive Director/Operations Update - [link:addme Rollup Report P.Ritchie]
+
* Executive Director/Operations Update - [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q2vHPudcavDMnZmViKDhRz-TMUsT1Zpvsuwh0kX9aJM/edit?usp=sharing  Summary Report P.Ritchie]
** Financial Update - [link:addme Monthly & YTD Financials]
+
** Financial Update - [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ugKTW94CQJ3HImlJ6q8Fkbs2c7gj1ytSYRbNaYgjjZE/edit?usp=sharing  YTD P&L to Budget, Jan-May 2015 with Balance sheet]
 
** Director Update - Kate Hartmann - [link:addme Kate Hartmann Update]
 
** Director Update - Kate Hartmann - [link:addme Kate Hartmann Update]
 +
** Community Manager Update - [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1-4fIJfiLa8l02Hf1XBMqRYEiY2z6g4qwln-_ZLQ6GIs/edit?usp=sharing Noreen Community Manager Report]
 
** Project Manager Update - [link:addme  Project Manager Report]
 
** Project Manager Update - [link:addme  Project Manager Report]
** Membership Update - [link:addme Membership Report]
+
** Membership Update - [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/May_2015_Membership_Report Membership Report]
 +
** Events Manager Update - [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1j9YQ5IZ2qGtkLcTPh2boKH4JJQPFJtWtmPrxHj0CTAc/edit?usp=sharing June 2015 Conference Manager Report]
 
** IT Update - [link:addme Matt Tesauro Report]
 
** IT Update - [link:addme Matt Tesauro Report]
  
Line 62: Line 68:
 
==Old Business==
 
==Old Business==
 
All active board proposals are listed [https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing here]
 
All active board proposals are listed [https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing here]
* Bylaws (pre-reading material: [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RnVbx6DXX3tGcFWlrSxyn8NDKPQEYbTcACJR0oCuyaI/edit#heading=h.rye1xpr37ksy] )
+
* Bylaws (pre-reading material: [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RnVbx6DXX3tGcFWlrSxyn8NDKPQEYbTcACJR0oCuyaI/edit#heading=h.rye1xpr37ksy|OWASP By Laws v7])
  
 
Discuss revised by laws, approve, reword or reject changes to bring our by laws into good standing before the election.  
 
Discuss revised by laws, approve, reword or reject changes to bring our by laws into good standing before the election.  
Line 69: Line 75:
  
 
Discuss how we ensure that all of our strategic goals are properly funded, and ensure that the Foundation doesn't need to borrow when we have funds on hand. Chapters have 71% of OWASP's funds ring fenced. Let's discuss how we deliver all of OWASP's strategic goals, and improve our admin cost overhead ratio.
 
Discuss how we ensure that all of our strategic goals are properly funded, and ensure that the Foundation doesn't need to borrow when we have funds on hand. Chapters have 71% of OWASP's funds ring fenced. Let's discuss how we deliver all of OWASP's strategic goals, and improve our admin cost overhead ratio.
 +
 +
* On Demand Training (pre-reading material link above)
 +
 +
At OWASP we are frequently receiving requests from companies looking for training related to application security. This is an area of expertise that plenty of individuals in our Community could fulfil. This growing demand for training is aligned with OWASP Strategic Goals and will become a much needed revenue stream for the Foundation that is not conference driven. Discuss revised proposal for OWASP to deliver/organise trainings.
 +
 +
* Review & Approve Minutes from May 22 Board meeting.
 +
 +
* Note in Meeting Minutes that Proposed OWASP.org email policy and terms of usage was approved via email vote as of June 23.
  
 
==New Business==
 
==New Business==
 
All active board proposals are listed [https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing here]
 
All active board proposals are listed [https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing here]
* [name of person adding topic] - topic
+
* [Tobias] - reopen communication with RSA to explore potential opportunities for OWASP outreach.
** [vote needed | discussion topic]
+
** [discussion topic]
 
+
* [Matt] - hire a technical editor for a few months.
 +
** [discussion topic]
 +
* [Jim] - Making public statements on crypto
 +
** "Even though 501c3 organizations *can* do some lobbying (as long as expenditures are not substantial), the IAB is careful not to talk about legislation or urge anyone to contact representatives about legislation." - Jeff Willams
 +
* [Josh] - Funding request for Project Summit at AppSecUSA 2015
 +
** http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2015-June/014359.html
 +
** $10,000 requested
 +
* [Jim] - Different Board voting models
 +
** We have both email and in-person voting models which are very different. For email, all members can vote. For in person, only present members may vote. Should me merge this into one model only?
  
 
== Action Items==
 
== Action Items==

Latest revision as of 21:52, 22 July 2015

Dial In Info

Notice of Recording

  • Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
  • Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
  • Recording of June 24, 2015 OWASP Board Meeting

Time

14:00-15:00 PDT

Location

Teleconference Information:

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/861328838

International Toll Free Calling Information


Attendance Tracker

Board Meeting Attendance Tracker

Meeting Minutes

Minutes of June 24, 2015 OWASP Board Meeting

Reading Material

It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting

Meeting Agenda

Call to Order /OWASP Mission

  • Administrative (List of attendees and Agenda bashing (only if last-minute changes to the agenda are needed) (5 min)

Reports

Chairmain's Report - Tobias Gondrom

Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol

Treasurer Report - Fabio Cerullo

Secretary Report - Matt Konda

Updates from Members at Large - Michael Coates, Andrew van der Stock & Jim Manico

  • Andrew van der Stock - Education strategic goal update.
  • Michael - Motion to move primary responsibility of planning and execution of the AppSecUSA 2016 conference to the OWASP Foundation. Selection of core conference themes and speaker/proposal would be driven by the OWASP community.

Reports

Community Initiative Reports

Old Business

All active board proposals are listed here

Discuss revised by laws, approve, reword or reject changes to bring our by laws into good standing before the election.

  • Fund ring fencing

Discuss how we ensure that all of our strategic goals are properly funded, and ensure that the Foundation doesn't need to borrow when we have funds on hand. Chapters have 71% of OWASP's funds ring fenced. Let's discuss how we deliver all of OWASP's strategic goals, and improve our admin cost overhead ratio.

  • On Demand Training (pre-reading material link above)

At OWASP we are frequently receiving requests from companies looking for training related to application security. This is an area of expertise that plenty of individuals in our Community could fulfil. This growing demand for training is aligned with OWASP Strategic Goals and will become a much needed revenue stream for the Foundation that is not conference driven. Discuss revised proposal for OWASP to deliver/organise trainings.

  • Review & Approve Minutes from May 22 Board meeting.
  • Note in Meeting Minutes that Proposed OWASP.org email policy and terms of usage was approved via email vote as of June 23.

New Business

All active board proposals are listed here

  • [Tobias] - reopen communication with RSA to explore potential opportunities for OWASP outreach.
    • [discussion topic]
  • [Matt] - hire a technical editor for a few months.
    • [discussion topic]
  • [Jim] - Making public statements on crypto
    • "Even though 501c3 organizations *can* do some lobbying (as long as expenditures are not substantial), the IAB is careful not to talk about legislation or urge anyone to contact representatives about legislation." - Jeff Willams
  • [Josh] - Funding request for Project Summit at AppSecUSA 2015
  • [Jim] - Different Board voting models
    • We have both email and in-person voting models which are very different. For email, all members can vote. For in person, only present members may vote. Should me merge this into one model only?

Action Items

Announcements

Adjournment

  • Next meeting date/time:



Motion to close meeting