This site is the archived OWASP Foundation Wiki and is no longer accepting Account Requests.
To view the new OWASP Foundation website, please visit https://owasp.org
Intrinsic Security Working Group
The OWASP Intrinsic Security Working Group (ISWG) is a small, representative body of OWASP members whose primary goal is to help all the organizations involved in making web applications work on the Internet today. This involves proposing new functionality and advising how to improve existing functionality.
In order to accomplish these goals, the ISWG will focus their energy on the following tasks:
- collect ideas from the OWASP community on how to secure the infrastructure of the web (including regarding browser features, influencing W3C standards, updating relevant RFCs, working with framework vendors)
- create precise, organized and technical arguments for the acceptance of a community idea
- communicate that idea to the appropriate stakeholder
Depending on the issue or idea, the ISWG may either create a draft for issuance to a stakeholder and then ask the OWASP community for input, or allow the draft be entirely crowdsourced and then perform final edits.
Joining the ISWG
If you are interested in joining the ISWG, please express your interest to an existing ISWG member or send a message to the ISWG mailing list. The ISWG is seeking highly motivated individuals who are familiar with the hurdles of the current web application infrastructure and are capable of tackling issues in a non-combative way. The ISWG is not interested in nonconstructive arguments or those that would exhibit uncooperative behavior towards any of the stakeholders involved. We need respectful, technical and creative people who want to put the work in to create a better Internet architecture.
Working Group Members
The members of the OWASP Intrinsic Security Working Group (ISWG) include the following members who collectively represent both the security community and the service industry whose customers are directly affected by the decisions made by the organizations we want to interact with:
- Arshan Dabirsiaghi, Aspect Security
- Jim Manico, Aspect Security
- Ivan Ristic, Breach Security
- Dinis Cruz, Ounce Labs
- Mario Heiderich, Independent Security Researcher
- Stefano Di Paolo, Minded Security
- Tom Stripling, SecurityPS
- Dave Wichers, Aspect Security
- Jeff Williams, Aspect Security
- Sebastien Deleersnyder, OWASP Board Member
- Kuai Hinojosa, OWASP Member
- Venkatesh Jagannathan, Cognizant
Ongoing Collaborations / Relationships
|Organization||OWASP Interfaces||Effort Details|
|W3C|| Sebastien Deleersnyder
|Sun Microsystems||Jeff Williams||Details|
|Apache Tomcat (Apache Software Foundation)||Jim Manico||Details|
|Microsoft ACE Team||Arshan Dabirsiaghi||Details|
|Mozilla Firefox (Mozilla Foundation)||Giorgio Maone||Details|