Difference between revisions of "Global Industry Committee"
(Thank you added)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
==== About the Committee ====
==== About the Committee ====
Latest revision as of 08:23, 2 April 2013
As of April 1, 2013 the Global Committees were retired in order to enable wider community involvement and volunteerism through the OWASP Global Initiatives.
Want to get involved with OWASP, but not sure where to start? Check out the OWASP Global Initiatives Page.
Thank you to everyone who participated in, and contributed to, the Global Industry Committee up until 1st April 2013.
About the Committee
The Global Industry Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal. The OWASP Global Industry Committee (GIC) shall expand awareness of and promote the inclusion of software security best practices in Industry, Government, Academia and regulatory agencies and be a voice for industry. This will be accomplished through outreach; including presentations, development of position papers and collaborative efforts with other entities. The committee is governed by the Global Industry Committee Governance document.
|Tobias Gondrom||tobias.gondrom 'at' owasp dot org||HK, UK and DE|
|Rex Booth||rex.booth 'at' owasp dot org||DC, USA|
|Mauro Flores||mauro.flores 'at' owasp dot org||Uruguay|
|Alexander Fry||alexander.fry 'at' owasp dot org||USA|
|Eoin Keary||eoin.keary 'at' owasp dot org||Dublin, Ireland|
|Mateo Martinez||mateo.martinez 'at' owasp dot org||Uruguay|
|Colin Watson||colin.watson 'at' owasp dot org||UK|
|Marco Morana||marco.m.morana 'at' citi dot com||Italy|
|Christian Papathanasiou||christian.papathanasiou 'at' owasp dot org||Greece|
§ The committee chair is Tobias Gondrom. The previous chairs were:
- Rex Booth (July 2011 to September 2012)
- Joe Bernik (Feb 2011 to July 2011)
- Yiannis Pavlosoglou (Nov 2010 to Jan 2011)
- Colin Watson (Nov 2009 to Oct 2010)
Former members of the committee:
- David Campbell
- Georg Hess
- Eoin Keary
- Yiannis Pavlosoglou
- Joe Bernik
- Nishi Kumar
- Lorna Alamri
- Sherif Koussa
Meetings and Getting Involved
Join our mailing list - this is the best way to find out what's going on day-to-day, and to provide input.
Currently, the Global Industry Committee conference call meetings approximately every 4 weeks and last no longer than an hour.
The next Global Industry Committee meeting will be: Monday Oct-15, 2012, 18:00 UTC / GMT.
Global Meeting Time Planner - Click Here
- CISO Guide
- CISO Survey
- Industry Table at AppSec US
- industry bodies contacts?
Minutes of previous meetings are:
- 1.March 2013
- December 2012 (call on the CISO Guide and CISO Survey project)
- October 2012
- 13 June 2012
- 19 April 2012
- 02 September 2011
- 28 July 2011
- 16 June 2011
- 13 May 2011
- 29 Apr 2011
- 08 Apr 2011
- 18 Mar 2011 ( PDF of 18 Mar 2011 Meeting Minutes)
- 04 Mar 2011 ( PDF of 04 Mar 2011 Meeting Minutes) (Proposed GIC Budget for 2011)
- 25 Feb 2011 ( PDF of 25 Feb 2011 Meeting Minutes)
- 9 Feb 2011 (Summit outcomes)
- 17 Aug 2010 (also MP3 recording of the call)
- 18 May 2010
- 05 Jan 2010 (also MP3 recording of the call)
- 23 Jan 2009
- 16 Dec 2010
Membership explains how to become an OWASP organization supporter or individual member. But you don't have to be an OWASP Member or Committee Member to contribute.
The current committee members joined for a 12 month term - see How to Join a Committee and Global Committee Pages. We would especially welcome new members who can widen our geographic coverage (e.g. Africa, Asia and South America) and who have time to contribute proactively.
Work in Progress
The current activities being undertaken:
|Nominet Consultation||Jan 2013||Standards||New||Submit response to proposed security aspects of Nominet's consultation on a new .uk domain name service||CW|
|ENISA Who-Is-Who Directory||Sep 2012||Outreach||New||Request update to ENISA Who-Is-Who directory (2011 version) for OWASP and OWASP UK; promote other EU chapters to submit information||CW|
|Smart Metering Implementation Draft Licence Condition Relating to Security||18 Jul 2012||Standards||Closed||Submit response to UK smart meter security consultation||CW, TG|
|Industry Outreach Sessions at OWASP AppSec EU 2012||12 Jul 2012||Outreach||Closed||Conduct industry outreach sessions at AppSec EU to educate about OWASP initiatives and solicit feedback||CW|
|AppSec Guide For CISO||June 2013||Outreach||In progress, draft 75% completed||Guide to help CISOs (Chief Information Security Officers) to manage application security programs||MM|
|CISO Survey 2013 on Application Security - Draft||Feb 2013||Outreach||In progress||TG|
|Industry Outreach Sessions at OWASP AppSec US 2012||25 Oct 2012||Outreach||Closed||Conduct industry outreach sessions at AppSec US to educate about OWASP initiatives and solicit feedback||TG|
Other ongoing initiatives
- Special Interest Groups - Outreach to sector-specific critical infrastructures worldwide.
- OWASP India Advisory Board - Regional panel contributing to the software outsourcing industry.
- OWASP Citations - References to OWASP in official, or otherwise important, documents.
Committee Working Documents
- 2011 GIC Budget
- GIC Member Task List
- Comprehensive List of Industry Verticals
- Security For Managers And Executives - Industry Outreach Presentation
- Ppt template for Monthly Board Meeting updates
- May Industry Committee Update
- April Industry Committee Update
OWASP Summits and Working Sessions
- Notes from Industry Outreach Sessions at AppSec EU - Dublin, 2011
- From Industry Outreach Session at 2011 AppSec EU - Ppt presentation on CISO Survey, Rex Booth
- From Industry Outreach Session at 2011 AppSec EU -Ppt presentation on Industry Outreach, Lorna Alamri
- Summit 2011 (Working session outcomes)
- Summit 2009
About the GIC
- Global Industry Committee Presentation File:Owasp-summit2009-industry-committee.ppt
(for inclusion into other full OWASP presentations):
- Sep 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-september-2009.ppt
- Jul 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-july-2009.ppt
- May 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-may-2009.ppt
- Apr 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-april-2009.ppt
- Mar 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-march-2009.ppt