Difference between revisions of "Global Industry Committee"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Mission Statement ==
== Mission Statement ==
''expand awareness of and promote the inclusion of software security best practices in Industry, Government, Academia and regulatory agencies and be a voice for industry. will through outreach; including presentations, development of position papers and collaborative efforts with other entities.'' The committee is governed by the [[Global Industry Committee Governance]] document.
Revision as of 16:01, 18 April 2011
The Global Industry Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal. The OWASP Global Industry Committee (GIC) shall expand awareness of and promote the inclusion of software security best practices in Industry, Government, Academia and regulatory agencies and be a voice for industry. this will be accomplished through outreach; including presentations, development of position papers and collaborative efforts with other entities. The committee is governed by the Global Industry Committee Governance document.
Step 1: Identify specific organizations worth working with to spread the OWASP gospel
Step 2: Prioritize the proposed liaisons based on potential impact, and also realistic likelihood of the organization actively working with us
Step 3: Execute, leveraging global OWASP resources as much as possible to maximize impact
Step 4: Evaluate progress & repeat Step 1-3
|Lorna Alamri||lorna.alamri 'at' owasp dot org||USA|
|Joe Bernik §||bernik 'at' gmail dot com||USA|
|Rex Booth||rex.booth 'at' gt dot com||USA|
|David Campbell||dcampbell 'at' owasp dot org||USA|
|Mauro Flores||mauro.flores 'at' owasp dot org||Uruguay|
|Alexander Fry||alexander.fry 'at' owasp dot org||USA|
|Georg Hess||georg.hess 'at' artofdefence dot com||Germany|
|Eoin Keary||eoin.keary 'at' owasp dot org||Ireland|
|Nishi Kumar||[email protected]||USA|
|Mateo Martinez||mateo.martinez 'at' owasp dot org||Uruguay|
|Colin Watson||colin.watson 'at' owasp dot org||UK|
§ The committee chair is Joe Bernik. The previous chairs were:
- Yiannis Pavlosoglou (Nov 2010 to Jan 2011)
- Colin Watson (Nov 2009 to Oct 2010)
Committee Operational Support:
|Sarah Baso||sarah.baso 'at' owasp dot org||USA|
Former members of the committee:
- Yiannis Pavlosoglou
Join our mailing list - this is the best way to find out what's going on day-to-day, and to provide input.
The next Global Industry Committee meeting will be:
- +1 877 534 8500 or International +1 513 534 8500
- Passcode 410105 #
Minutes of previous meetings are:
- 08 Apr 2011
- 18 Mar 2011 ( PDF of 18 Mar 2011 Meeting Minutes)
- 04 Mar 2011 ( PDF of 04 Mar 2011 Meeting Minutes) (Proposed GIC Budget for 2011)
- 25 Feb 2011 ( PDF of 25 Feb 2011 Meeting Minutes)
- 9 Feb 2011 (Summit outcomes)
- 17 Aug 2010 (also MP3 recording of the call)
- 18 May 2010
- 05 Jan 2010 (also MP3 recording of the call)
- 23 Jan 2009
- 16 Dec 2010
Membership explains how to become an OWASP organization supporter or individual member. But you don't have to be an OWASP Member or Committee Member to contribute.
The current committee members joined for a 12 month term - see How to Join a Committee and Global Committee Pages. We would especially welcome new members who can widen our geographic coverage (e.g. Africa, Asia and South America) and who have time to contribute proactively.
Other ongoing initiatives
- Special Interest Groups - Outreach to sector-specific critical infrastructures worldwide.
- OWASP India Advisory Board - Regional panel contributing to the software outsourcing industry.
- OWASP Citations - References to OWASP in official, or otherwise important, documents.
Committee Working Documents
- GIC Member Task List
- Comprehensive List of Industry Verticals
- Security For Managers And Executives - Industry Outreach Presentation
Work in Progress
The current activities being undertaken:
|FedRAMP||17 Jan 2011||Standards||In progress||Provide response to FedRAMP certification and accreditation process||RB|
|Hacking Lab||14 Dec 2011||Outreach||In progress||Matt Tesauro has been working with Hacking Lab previously and brought it to the GIC||MAT|
|OWASP Panel at Brighttalk Appsec Summit||16 March 2011||Outreach||In progress||Join an expert panel of OWASP leaders as they discuss new web application threats and give their insights on ways to secure them for your business ||DC|
General Presentations and Reports
About the Industry Committee:
- Global Industry Committee Presentation File:Owasp-summit2009-industry-committee.ppt
Summaries (for inclusion into other full OWASP presentations):
- Sep 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-september-2009.ppt
- Jul 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-july-2009.ppt
- May 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-may-2009.ppt
- Apr 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-april-2009.ppt
- Mar 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-march-2009.ppt
Other Global Committees