Global Committee Pages
NEW GLOBAL COMMITTEE STRUCTURE
• OWASP recognized the extraordinary contribution of our most active leaders by engaging them to lead a set of six new committees. Each democratically established committee will focus on a key function or geographic region, such as OWASP projects, conferences, local chapters, membership and industry outreach.
|OWASP GLOBAL COMMITTEES ( OWASP GC)|
|Projects & Tools||Membership||Education||Conferences||Industry||Chapters|
- Get Alpha and Beta to release
- Strategic projects to meet the long-term mission (Example ESAPI)
- Increase membership 100% on individuals in 18 months (400 members today)
- Increase membership 100% on non-individuals (Org/Corp.,/Edu/Other) in 18 months (40 members today)
- Identify XX events per year to be OWASP Conferences that are the primary supporting factor for grant projects, summits and operational costs
- Establish a adoptable program that can be incorporated into Univ., and technical education programs that leverages the efforts of many at OWASP to raise the level of awareness to secure software.
- Start outreach to critical infrastructures worldwide such as:
- electricity generation, transmission and distribution;
- gas production, transport and distribution;
- oil and oil products production, transport and distribution;
- water supply (drinking water, waste water/sewage, stemming of surface water (e.g. dikes and sluices));
- agriculture, food production and distribution;
- heating (e.g. natural gas, fuel oil, district heating);
- public health (hospitals, ambulances);
- transportation systems (fuel supply, railway network, airports, harbors, inland shipping);
- financial services (banking, clearing);
- security services (police, military).
They all use web applications...... some even protect human life as well as pii data and credit cards <grin>
- Have identify issues or "efforts" like the Browser Working Group and others, the group should invite Industry CIO/CISO's (perhaps as a "value" of corporate membership support) to want to publicly collaborate on a document of industry needs that can add value to having the support of OWASP Foundation for the greater good of secure software, a internet based global economic platform and humanitarian needs worldwide
Chapters Enable the support required at the local level to accomplish the overall goals of the association.