- 1 OWASP Germany
- 2 Participation
- 3 Sponsorship/Membership
- 4 Donate
- 5 Next OWASP German Chapter Meeting 10th July, 2009 at Mannheim
- 6 OWASP AppSec Germany 2009 Conference 13.10.09 in Nürnberg
- 7 Past Events
- 8 Press Relations
- 9 Local News
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
to this chapter or become a local chapter supporter. Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
Next OWASP German Chapter Meeting 10th July, 2009 at Mannheim
Summary: We will start with three interesting fresh talks. The following topics are the next activities of the OWASP German Chapter: the new "Stammtisch Initiative" and the planning of the OWASP AppSec Germany 2009 at Nuremberg.
12:00 - 13:00 : Lunch (optional, please send an email to Georg Heß to register for lunch), meeting point for the lunch is at the Aula in Building 3.
13:15 - 13:30 : Opening by our host Prof. Rainer Gerten (German)
13:30 - 14:30 : OWASP Educational Services - Teaching Security!, Martin Knobloch, Member of OWASP Global Education Committee (English)
14:30 - 15:00 : Vorstellung und aktueller Stand des OWASP Germany Projekts "Best Practice: Projektierung von Sicherheitsprüfungen von Web Applikationen", N.N., Projekt-Mitarbeiter (German)
15:00 - 15:45 : Cloud Application Security - Chancen und Risiken - Einige Ansatzpunkte zum Thema, Georg Hess (German)
15:45 - 16:15 : Coffee
16:15 - 17:00 : Organisational topics of the OWASP German Chapter (German)
- OWASP Stammtisch Initiative - Outlook and organisational tasks for the 2nd OWASP Germany 2009 Conference
nach 17:00 : Come together (Any ideas for a near pub??)
OWASP AppSec Germany 2009 Conference 13.10.09 in Nürnberg
Die OWASP AppSec Germany 2009 Conference wird am 13.10.09 mit einer Vorabendveranstalung am 12.10.09 in Nürnberg stattfinden.
(The OWASP AppSec Germany 2009 conference will be held on October 13, 2009 in Nürnberg)
Wir sind auf der SYSTEMS 08 in München
Besuchen Sie uns vom 21.10. - 24.10.08 in der
- IT-SecurityArea - Halle B3, Stand 228
OWASP Germany 2008 Conference 25.11.08 in Frankfurt
Die OWASP Germany 2008 Conference wird am 25.11.08 mit einer Vorabendveranstalung am 24.11.08 in Frankfurt stattfinden.
(The OWASP Germany 2008 conference will be held on November 25, 2008 in Frankfurt.)
OWASP German Chapter Meeting - February 20th, 2008 in Darmstadt
The next chapter meeting will be hosted at CAST in Darmstadt.
This time the focus is on technical presentations and discussion.
Agenda Technical presentation slots will consist of 20-30 minute presentation and 15 minute discussion.
- 1. (11:00 - 11:15) Welcome, Introduction and Administrativia
- 2. (11:15 - 11:30) Vorstellung von CAST (Dr. Heinemann)
- 3. (11:30 - 11:45) Short OWASP organisation introduction and update (Tobias Gondrom)
- 4. (11:45 - 12:30) First technical presentation "Best Practices beim Einsatz einer Web Application Firewall 1.0" (Slides: PDF) (Alexander Meisel)
- 5. (12:30 - 13:15) Break
- 6. (13:15 - 14:00) Second technical presentation "Defending against Web Application DoS Attacks" (Maximilian Dermann)
- 7. (14:00 - 14:45) 20-Minutes Talks (15 Min Presentation + 5-10 Min Discuss)
- "Input validation in ASP.NET -- tips, tricks & pitfalls" (Boris Hemkemeier)
- "Managing of extremely large Web Application Firewall Installations" (Slides: PDF) (Alexander Meisel)
- 8. (14:45 - 15:00) Coffee Break
- 9. (15:00 - 15:45) Fourth technical presentation "Secure Coding and Development Guidelines (part of CLASP)" (Tobias)
- 10. (15:45 - 16:00) Wrap-up and outlook
Chapter Meeting on September 7th 2007 in Frankfurt/Main
After two years of absence the German Chapter has been restarted. The chapter meeting was on September 7th 2007, 15:00 - 18:00.
This first chapter meeting had as its main goal the re-initiation of the German chapter and to start work on projects. Talks and presentations are secondary and will receive more focus at subsequent meetings.
If you want to participate in the work of the German OWASP chapter or offer to submit work to it and cannot attend the meeting, please contact Tobias or send an email to our chapter mailing list (now working!).
Press Relations of the OWASP German Chapter are currently directed exclusively towards the local press. We therefore do not provide english translations. .
- 10 September 2008: Best Practices: Web Application Firewalls wiki pages
- 17 July 2008: OWASP Germany released Best Practices: Use of Web Application Firewalls (English)
- 18 March 2008: OWASP Germany released Best Practices: Einsatz von Web Application Firewalls (German)
- 07 September 2007: Chapter meeting in Frankfurt
- 18 July 2007: scheduled chapter meeting on September 7th 2007
- 02 Mar 2007: German Federal Office for Information Security aka Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI) has released the Indigo Security (engl: 'Indigo Security').
- 23 Feb 2007: German Federal Office for Information Security aka Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI) has released the Apache Tomcat Sicherheitsuntersuchung (engl: 'Apache Tomcat Security Assessment').
- 06 Sept 2006: German Federal Office for Information Security aka Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI) has released the Maßnahmenkatalog und Best Practices für die Sicherheit von Webanwendungen (engl: 'Measures and Best Practices for Web Application Security').
OWASP Moves to MediaWiki Portal - 11:05, 20 May 2006 (EDT)
OWASP is pleased to announce the arrival of OWASP 2.0!
OWASP 2.0 utilizes the MediaWiki portal to manage and provide the latest OWASP related information. Enjoy!