Difference between revisions of "February 8, 2017"
m (→APPROVAL OF MINUTES)
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
=== APPROVAL OF MINUTES ===
=== APPROVAL OF MINUTES ===
- Approval of prior [https://docs.google.com/document/d/
- Approval of prior [https://docs.google.com/document/d/prior meeting mins]
=== REPORTS ===
=== REPORTS ===
Latest revision as of 14:03, 16 May 2017
February 8, 2017, 15:00-16:30 PST
Meeting Location: VIRTUAL
Notice of Recording Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013 Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
This is the VIRTUAL packet that is provided to everyone at the same time to review, make comments and be prepared for the meeting. There is no paper handout for the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER
- Quorum is needed of (4) elected board members to begin. Ideally votes on motions as example will be conducted of ALL board members for the record in the event of a tie the chair's vote decides)
CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
- At the start of the meeting the entire agenda will be reviewed. Anything not on the agenda will not be heard and will have to wait until the next scheduled meeting. Submissions should be available (5) working days before the meeting and a alert should be posted to the owasp-board mailing list for public record
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approval of prior prior meeting mins
OWASP Foundation daily operations is managed by the Operations Director who provides a monthly roll-up report in collaboration of all staff members, contractors and efforts being manged by the back office team. This month's operational report was published on the OWASP blog as the OWASP Operations Update for February 2017
<$Committees> should provide a written/verbal report of progress since the last meeting
OLD / UNFINISHED BUSINESS
<$insert anything that did not get resolved and that is being tracked, updated or to be discussed and by who>
- Officer acknowledgements - Brennan
- 990 Filings 2014 & 2015 - Brennan
- [Josh] PROPOSAL: An OWASP Foundation Board member is elected to a two-year term. A Board member may run again for re-election at any point in the future, but may serve no more than two two-year terms in any ten year period. Current Board members would be allowed to complete their current term. This would encourage new ideas and renewed energy on the OWASP Board of Directors and keep elections from being a popularity contest where incumbents may be difficult to displace.
Current OWASP Foundation Bylaws:
Section 2.02 currently reads:
- Each Board member will serve for a term of 2 years. The term will begin effective January 1 following the election period. An individual is limited to 4 consecutive 2 year terms effective January 1, 2014. The role of the Board Members shall be elected by the Board of Directors at the first meeting following the election of the Board of Directors. If the election of officers shall not be held at such meeting, such election shall be held as soon thereafter as conveniently may be. Each officer shall hold that role until the next election has been completed.
MOTION: Revise Section 2.02 to read:
- Each Board member will serve for a term of 2 years. The term will begin effective January 1 following the election period. A Board member may run again for re-election at any point in the future, but may serve no more than two two-year terms in any ten year period. The role of the Board Members shall be elected by the Board of Directors at the first meeting following the election of the Board of Directors. If the election of officers shall not be held at such meeting, such election shall be held as soon thereafter as conveniently may be. Each officer shall hold that role until the next election has been completed.
This new rule would take effect with the 2017 election and the directors elected for the 2018/2019 term.
- [Josh] Scheduled Board Meeting Discussion: I would like to request that the meeting scheduled for Wednesday, April 12th be moved to either Tuesday, April 11th or Thursday, April 13th at the same time. I will be coaching a soccer game at the currently scheduled date and time. Also, the timezone for June 7 is listed as CEST. Is that intentional? I ask because every other timezone is listed in PST or PDT. I shouldn't have an issue if it is, but I at least wanted to verify that is the case. Lastly, the September 19th meeting says "in Orlando at AppSecEU", but the October 11th meeting also says "at AppSecUSA" and is in EST. Which is it? Are the times still correct for both? https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Board#The_OWASP_Foundation_Inc..2C_Global_Board_of_Directors
- Vote for having a Team as ED conformed by Kate, Matt Tesauro and Tom Papas
- Vote to hire VM services to help prepare the Board meetings better
- Vote/Approve Budget Items for 2017
- Vote/Approve new membership model
- Vote on strategic goals for 2017
Strategic Goals 2017
- Goal Appsec Training: Appsec Training 2017
<$insert anything that is NEW business to be heard by the elected officials> Please add your item to the list by editing this wiki page and adding the subject line or link to the item to be discussed
- [Michael] Proposal for OWASP 2017 Objective - AppSec Trainings - Proposal Link
- [Konda] Proposed Updated 2017 Meeting Schedule - Proposed Schedule
COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND OTHER BUSINESS
This is for open discussion that does NOT require a vote however is educational and informative from anyone who has something to add for the good of the Foundation.
We will determine the next date/time of the offical meeting if different from the posted agenda. Any changes to the offical date/time/location will also be posted to the OWASP-BOARD LIST