OWASP Bristol, UK
Welcome to the Bristol, UK chapter homepage. Details of the chapter leaders are here Bristol_Chapter_Leaders.
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
to this chapter or become a local chapter supporter. Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
Please contact Bristol Chapter Leaders if you have further questions.
The following are the list of OWASP Corporate Members who have generously aligned themselves with the Bristol chapter, therefore contributing funds to our chapter:
The following is the list of organisations who have generously provided us with space for Bristol chapter meetings:
Please see the Meetup page for schedule and to register for meetings.
Chapter MeetingsVisit our group on meetup.com
- Mar 17, 2022 (18:00): TBC, · , We are looking to publish on @YouTube the recordings of our meetups. If you would like to be notified when we a new video is published, please feel free to subscribe on our channel at:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1lUjD1zM1gD2JkSa1rxMYQ
- Jan 18, 2022 (19:00): Discussion: Getting started in Ethical HackingOnline event, · , Event in Collaboration with OWASP Suffolk . Getting started in Ethical Hacking can seem daunting. There is so much information out there, so many websites, tools, YouTube videos, courses, etc etc. Where do you start? Do you have to do a course or be certified? Do I need to set up my own testing lab, and if so, what operating system and tools do I use? Is there a way to learn for free? So many ques (read more)
- Dec 2, 2021 (18:00): Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Misconfigurations, · , Joint event with OWASP Dorset (https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Dorset-Chapter/) + Suffolk (https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Suffolk-Chapter/) Agenda:* OWASP Updates* Talk: Easily avoid IaC misconfigurations across the different platforms, with Ori Bendet* Open discussion Talk Title: Easily avoid IaC misconfigurations across the different platforms Abstract:Infrastructure as Code (IaC) makes deploying c (read more)
- Nov 18, 2021 (18:00): OWASP CTF 2021 (Virtual event)Online event, · , New virtual event - OWASP CTF 2021, led by OWASP Dorset Chapter and in collaboration with OWASP Diversity and Inclusion Committee and UK Chapters: Bristol, Cambridge, London, Newcastle, Reading, Suffolk. The CTF will be hosted by Security Innovation and be instructor lead. It combines with Security Innovation's CMD+Ctrl Bootcamp and they are extending an offer to all participants for 4-weeks FREE (read more)
- Sep 29, 2021 (18:00): The Eastern Cyber Resilience Centre - helping SMEs be cyber resilientOnline event, · , Event organized by OWASP Suffolk Chapter .Places are limited - please RSPV at:https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Suffolk-Chapter/events/279020534/
- 2018-06-14 Slides: Red Team Tactics against a Windows network video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-UcuRtD4_8
- 2018-04-19 Slides: Application hacking through the eyes of an attacker / Exploiting unknown browsers and objects
- 2018-02-15 Slides: Practical Password Cracking / Blockchain Security
- 2016-11-17-Bristol - Full details at http://meetu.ps/2Xtpll
- 2016-09-15-Bristol - Full details at http://meetu.ps/2Xtpgw
- 2016-07-21-Bristol - Full details at http://meetu.ps/2Xtp9Y
- 2016-05-20-Bristol - Full details at http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Bristol/events/229465685/
- 2016-03-17-Bristol - Full details at http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Bristol/events/228380487/
- 2016-01-21-Bristol - Full details at http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Bristol/events/227419895/
We are looking for organizations to sponsor the Bristol chapter.
You can sponsor the chapter for one year at the following levels:
- £2000 Platinum
- £1000 Gold
- £500 Silver
If you are interested in sponsoring the chapter then please get in touch with one of the Bristol Chapter Leaders.
Call for Presentations
As a speaker please review the OWASP speaker agreement