Call for Papers -- Refereed Papers Track
The OWASP AppSec conferences bring together application security experts and software engineers from all over the world. Industry and academia meet to discuss open problems and new solutions in application security. The conferences offer researchers and practitioners a set of tutorials, keynotes, and invited presentations.
As in the previous editions, the OWASP AppSec Europe 2013 conference will feature a refereed papers track. The goal of the refereed papers track is twofold:
- to give academic researchers in Web application security the opportunity to share their research results with practitioners, and
- to give industry people the possibility to share experiences with academia and the OWASP community.
Hence both research papers as well as experience papers pertaining to all aspects of web application security are solicited. Papers should describe new ideas, new implementations, or experiences related to web application security. We explicitly encourage members of the Web security community to explore leading-edge topics and ideas before they are presented at a major conference.
Topics of interest
We are interested in all topics related to Web Application Security, in particular:
- Web application security
- Security aspects of new/emerging web technologies/paradigms/languages/frameworks
- Secure development: frameworks, best practices, secure coding, methods, processes, SDLC, etc.
- Security of frameworks (Struts, Spring, ASP.Net MVC, RoR, etc)
- Vulnerability analysis (code review, pentest, static analysis etc)
- Threat modeling of applications
- Mobile security and security for the mobile web
- Cloud security
- Browser security and HTML5 security
- Countermeasures for application vulnerabilities
- New technologies, paradigms, tools
- Application security awareness and education
- Security in web services, REST, and service oriented architectures
- Privacy in web apps, Web services and data storage
- Submission deadline: May 15, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: June 15, 2013
- Final version due: July 15, 2013 (tbc)
- AppSec Conference: August 22-23 2013
Instructions for Authors
Submissions should be at most 12 pages long in the Springer LNCS Style for Proceedings and Other Multiauthor Volumes. Submissions deviating from these requirements may be rejected without review. Templates for preparing papers in this style for LaTeX, Word, and other word processors can be downloaded from here (Please use instructions for Proceedings and Other Multiauthor Volumes for different text processing platforms). Submissions are due by May 15th, 23:59 GMT. All submissions should be sent in Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf) via EasyChair.
Several options for track proceedings are currently under evaluation. It's going to be announced ASAP.
Please read that the terms of the Industry tracks. They also apply for the Research track.
Program Committee Research
- Bastian Braun, University of Passau, Germany
- Elie Bursztein, Google, USA
- Lieven Desmet, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Hannes Federrath, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Thorsten Holz, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, Germany
- Martin Johns, SAP Research, Germany (chair)
- Engin Kirda, Northeastern University, USA
- Nick Nikiforakis, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Andrei Sabelfeld, Chalmers, Sweden
- Sebastian Schinzel, University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- John Wilander, OWASP and Linköping University, Sweden
Please note that there are two related invitations to submit a proposal for this conference: