As part of AppSec APAC 2012, on Thursday, April 12 at 1:30PM-5:00PM, the Global Chapter Committee is organizing a chapter leader workshop for all the chapter leaders that attend the conference. Please note that this Workshop will take place on the day before the Conference starts.
We plan to start with a 1.5 hour session run by experienced leaders (panel) on how to run a successful chapter. The second part of the workshop will be a roundtable discussion on regional issues and challenges, with a goal of working together to create solutions.
Are there other topics you would like to discuss? Please add them below:
- Best practices of Chapter organization
- How long should a leader lead a chapter?
Funding to Attend Workshop
Funding for your attendance to the workshop should be worked out in the following order.
- Ask your employer to fund your trip to AppSec Asia Pacific in Sydney, Australia.
- Utilize your chapter funds.
- Ask the chapter committee for funding assistance.
While we wish we could fund every chapter leader, due to the limited amount of budget allocated for this event, we may not be able to fund 100% to all the requests. Priority of sponsorships will be given to those not covered by a sponsorship to attend a workshop in 2011. Additionally, we are looking for new or struggling chapter leaders who need assistance kick starting their chapter.
After March 1, the Global Chapters Committee will make funding decision in a fair and transparent manner. When you apply for funding, please let us know why we should sponsor you. While we prefer that chapter leaders use their own chapter's funds before requesting a sponsorship, this is not a requirement for application. If your chapter has fund but will not be using them to sponsor your attendance, please include why you will not be using the funds for this purpose (i.e. what are the other plans for those funds?).
If you plan to attend, please fill in your name and chapter below:
- Sarah Baso (OWASP Operational Support)
- Andrew van der Stock
- Mohd Fazli Azran (GCC & Malaysia Chapter)
- Tobias Gondrom (OWASP London) - (attendance will depend on whether I will be at the AppSec to give presentation/training at the AppSec anyway)
- Gandhi Aryavalli (GMC)
- Zaki Akhmad (Indonesia Chapter)
2011 Chapter Leader Workshops
- AppSecEU 2011 chapters workshop agenda and Meeting Minutes
- AppSec USA 2011 chapters workshop agenda and Meeting Minutes 21-Sept-2011 in Minneapolis, MN, USA
- AppSecLatam2011 chapters workshop agenda and Meeting Minutes 5-Oct-2011 in Porto Alegre, Brazil
- OWASP Global AppSec Asia 2011 chapters workshop agenda and Meeting Minutes 9-Nov-2011 in Beijing, China